The all-new 2019 California Visitor’s Guide is now available and features 653 travel ideas. The 196-page magazine — which is available free of cost — is an excellent planning tool in advance of National Plan for Vacation Day, which is Tuesday, Jan. 29.
“California offers seemingly endless vacation opportunities,” said Visit California President & CEO Caroline Beteta. “From exploring the state’s iconic attractions and gateway cities, to venturing off the beaten path to discover our many hidden gems – the 2019 California Visitor’s Guide is a great resource to find the perfect itinerary for you.”
Inside the guide:
- Actress and model Yaya DaCosta adorns the cover of this year’s guide. DaCosta, who stars in the NBC medical drama Chicago Med, also appears in the publication’s “Rooms with a View” feature — a photo-driven celebration of Golden State hotels with spectacular vistas. DaCosta, for one, cannot get enough of California’s scenic beauty. “Every time I land at LAX and get in a car, I feel my shoulders drop,” she said. “The landscape does that to me. It’s just so beautiful.”
- The guide showcases California theme parks too, introducing readers to four individuals who work behind the scenes including a Master Model Builder from LEGOLAND California and an Urban Forester from Disneyland Resort.
- California’s snow culture also receives the star treatment: “Catch the Winter Wave” introduces readers to the Golden State’s unique surf-meets-ski culture, with plenty of tips on how to experience excitement on and around the slopes.
- Comprehensive guides to all 12 regions of the state, with detailed maps and expansive listings.
- Other highlights include actor/podcaster Dax Shepard’s answers to the California Questionnaire; insider tips on tasting olive oil; a visual guide to top craft breweries in the state; a look at the glamping craze; and much more.
The 500,000-circulation 2019 California Visitor’s Guide is available at California Welcome Centers, select newsstands, and on VisitCalifornia.com/cvg.
For the most up-to-date news, plus fresh trip ideas and destination tips throughout the year, check out Visit California’s blog, ‘California Now’ at visitcalifornia.com/now.
ABOUT VISIT CALIFORNIA:
Visit California is a nonprofit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs – in partnership with the state’s travel industry – that inspire travel to California. Travelers spent $132 billion in 2017 in California, directly supporting more than 1.1 million California jobs and $10.9 billion in state and local tax revenue. For story ideas, media information, downloadable images, video and more, go to media.visitcalifornia.com.