The adventure-cruise ship TRUE NORTH recently completed annual refit in the port city of Fremantle.
The ever-popular ship is removed from the water every year in February and no expense is spared bringing all facilities back to show-room condition. However, this year’s refit was even more extensive than usual.
The ship’s forward sundeck and alfresco bar areas were substantially refined to provide much-more user friendly and, no doubt much-more enjoyable, guest spaces.
The sundeck has benefited from the provision of improved and additional seating, new tabletops and daybeds, mood lighting and Tefroka decking. Whilst the alfresco bar area features new and improved table arrangements, additional lighting and Tefroka decking.
Managing director, Craig Howson, explained that everyone at True North Adventure Cruises was excited about the refinements. “We were aware that these areas of the ship were being underutilized – they have always been fantastic spaces, but we needed to make some improvements to ensure that our guests were able to take full advantage of both areas. This year’s refit provided the maintenance window that we have been looking for and now I can’t wait to join our guests as they relax in even greater style than before.”
In addition to usual refit requirement, other ship-wide refinements included adding the impressive Tefroka decking to all external stairs, additional soundproofing in the ship’s lounge and the complete repainting of the ship’s exterior.
And Howson is looking forward to a busy year. “I think a lot of Australians will choose to holiday at home this year, to help with the bushfire recovery and possibly to avoid international destinations that present a higher risk of coronavirus infection.”
The ship departed Fremantle on March 5 and will visit the Abrolhos Islands, Ningaloo Reef and the Monte Bello Islands as part of the annual West Coast Explorer. A sold-out guest list will disembark in Dampier after 10 nights onboard.
The TRUE NORTH will then continue onto Broome ahead of the ship’s much-revered Kimberley season. A small number of cabins are still available for 13 & 7-night adventures along the spectacular Kimberley Coast.
- True North Adventure Cruises has won a plethora of awards for excellence including state and national tourism awards, export awards and numerous consumer awards.
- Australia’s premier luxury adventure-cruise ship, the TRUE NORTH is purpose-built to sail deep into the heart of the wilderness, visiting areas that larger ships cannot access. Guests are privy to very-high quality off-ship experiences courtesy of the ship’s biologist and a team of naturalists, a ship’s helicopter and six dedicated adventure boats.
- Exceptional food and wine are also at the heart of a TRUE NORTH The ship’s modern Australian cuisine is supplemented with locally sourced ingredients and complemented by an outstanding selection of Western Australian wines. Cabins are spacious and modern; there is a panoramic lower deck dining room, an alfresco bar, an observation lounge, sun deck and, a dedicated sports deck.
- Daily activities include scenic walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, cultural events and spectacular flights in the ship’s helicopter.
- Destinations include the Kimberley – a panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the still-wild coast of Western Australia featuring the intriguing Abrolhos Islands, world-famous Ningaloo Reef, fishing paradise at the Montebello Islands and, the pristine Rowley Shoals; some of Indonesia’s most stunning volcanic islands including Komodo – home to the largest lizard on the planet; the breathtaking islands of the Raja Ampat; the whale sharks of Cenderawasih Bay; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea; Mysterious Melanesia, a sojourn through the Solomon Islands, beautiful Sydney Harbour, a seafood safari around South Australia’s delightful Eyre Peninsular and, adventure in Western Australia’s South West!
For more information go to www.truenorth.com.au
Bookings: Contact True North Adventure Cruises on (+61 8) 9192 1829 or email email@example.com