From a 16th century castle with a huge, three-dimensional map of Scotland in its grounds (see here) to a dog-friendly guest house close to Game of Thrones filming locations in Northern Ireland (see here); OYO Hotels & Homes is continuing to expand its UK portfolio of independently-owned properties across the UK.
2019 was the first full year in operation in the UK for hotel chain OYO. In that time, over 200 hotels became franchise partners of OYO’s, meaning there are now OYO-branded hotels in cities, rural areas and coastal resorts, offering guests a varied choice of affordable and characterful properties to stay in.
In the last three months alone, OYO has welcomed more than 200,000 guests to its UK hotels and as the portfolio grows, an increasing number of guests are booking their stays via the OYO app and website (www.oyorooms.com) – an indication of growing brand awareness and loyalty amongst UK and global travellers.
OYO will participate in IMM for the first time on 9th – 10th March, giving media the chance to discuss round-up ideas, news stories and opportunities for media hosting. To give a taster of OYO’s UK properties, here are some recent additions to the portfolio:
- OYO Standing Stones Lodge – Situated on the outskirts of Belfast, this hotel is highly rated by guests (9.3 out of 10 on Booking.com, 4.8 out of 5 on OYOrooms.com). Its position at the foot of Divis Mountain will appeal to keen walkers and it will also be a good base for when the Game of Thrones Studio Tour launches later this year
- OYO Eastbank Hotel – This hotel in Rothes is right on Scotland’s Malt Whisky Trail, within walking distance of the Glen Grant distillery and a short drive from both the Glenfiddich and Strathisla distilleries. Over half of Scotland’s malt whisky producers are located in the Speyside region, so of course the hotel has a bar where guests can enjoy a wee local dram
- OYO Bailbrook Lodge – Well timed for the movie release of Emma, OYO Bailbrook Lodge will appeal to those seeking a taste of Jane Austen’s Regency Bath, with romantic and period furnishings and within a few minutes of attractions such as the Jane Austen Centre
- OYO Grand Central – Situated within an iconic entertainment venue in the centre of Liverpool, the communal areas in this hotel are eye-catching for the Gaudi-inspired decor
- OYO Angel Townhouse – OYO’s newest option in London is in a former pub in Islington. The property is recently decorated and some bedrooms even include a hot tub
- OYO Anacapri – This traditional coastal guesthouse on the Cornish coast sits above Falmouth’s sandy Blue Flag beach. Guests can treat themselves to Superior Double Rooms with four poster beds and sea views
To browse further options, please see www.oyorooms.com or download the OYO app.
About OYO Hotels & Homes: Opening its doors in 2013, OYO Hotels & Homes, a young hotel startup, is today one of the world’s leading chain of hotels and homes. The portfolio combines fully operated real estate comprising more than 43,000 hotels with over 1 million rooms. Through its vacation homes business, the company offers travellers and city dwellers access to over 130,000 homes around the world under OYO Home, Belvilla, Danland, Dancenter and Germany-based Traum-Ferienwohnungen brands. OYO today operates in over 800 cities in 80 countries, including the US, Europe, UK, India, Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Japan. For more information, visit www.oyorooms.com