New Summer Holiday from Off the Map Travel Mixes Adventure with Luxury
invites guests to experience a new adventure in the Costa Rica jungle where they will arrive into Costa Rica’s luxury Pacuare Lodge on a white-water raft. Included in the new Costa Rica Rainforests and Rivers itinerary, the Pacuare Lodge has no roads leading to it, so the preferred mode of transport is by white-water raft along the Pacuare River, traversing thick jungle, passinglush farmland, and traveling by towering volcanoes. The Pacuare River and jungle are home to many birds and mammals.
Guests arriving by water along the river’s Class II and IV rapids will hear the call of the monkeys, see a variety of wildlife including the area’s many birds and its vibrant blue butterflies, and stop at waterfalls tumbling into the river. Notes Jonny Cooper, adventure travel expert and founder of Off the Map Travel, “The rapids and excitement of the white water then give way to calm as you approach a true jungle paradise in the form of Pacuare Lodge. It’s a magical way to arrive and one of the most memorable transfers we do.”
For those who prefer a non-water arrival to the lodge, you can also arrive by land on a 4×4 expedition vehicle leading to a hanging gondola to cross the river to the lodge, or you can fly directly into the lodge by helicopter.
At the lodge, guests stay in luxury suites by the water and under the canopy of the rainforest. Suites range from the luxurious Jaguar Suite complete with generous terrace, wildlife viewing platforms and a spring-fed pool; to smaller well-appointed River Suites with king canopy beds, fine linens and private terrace. (Full descriptions follow at bottom).
The family-owned lodge has a commitment to sustainability and community involvement. Sustainable construction is supported by water projects, electricity generated on site, and the lodge’s conservation efforts which include a purchase of 840 acres of primary rainforest along the river. As a result, all programs including the lodge are carbon neutral. Staff at the lodge are employed from nearby communities and 95% of the rafting guidescome from Turrialba, the closest city to the lodge. The lodge donates school supplies and other materials to three nearby primary schools and also accepts donations from guests which are given to local schools.
As part of the Costa Rica jungle program, guests have a choice of activities including spa treatments, white-water rafting on the Pacuare River, (ranked one of the top 10 white-water rafting destinations in the world by oars.com), guided wildlife and hiking tours, volcano tours, ziplining, andindigenous cultural and culinary experiences.
While every Off the Map Travel holiday is tailor-made to suit the requirements of each guest, as an example, a 12-day/11-night itinerary to Costa Rica, including a stay at Pacuare Lodge, is priced from $6610 USD per person (based on conversion rate at the time of this writing), excluding flights.Included are private transfers; arrival by helicopter transfer to Pacuare Lodge and departure by white-water raft; a full-day tour of Poas Volcano; Espiritu Santo Coffee Tour; a jungle canopy adventure; a guided hike on the Sendero de las Mulas trail; Arenal Volcano National Park hike; a treetop hike with a naturalist guide including a zip-line circuit through the canyons; a wildlife and tropical bird tour; a kayaking tour; and accommodations at Pacuare Lodge, Playa Cativo Eco Lodge, Xandari and Arenal Nayara.
Jonny Cooper, founder of Off the Map Travel adds, “Our new Costa Rica experience offers an exciting mix of adventure and luxury. With the majesty of the jungle and sounds of the Pacuare River, birds, monkeys and other local wildlife providing the soundtrack to your stay, you will not only have a memorable stay but also find a slice of luxury nestled in the heart of the jungle.”
About Off the Map Travel
For more information on tailor-made travel itineraries from Off the Map Travel visit www.offthemap.travel; call +44 (0) 800 566 8901; email@example.com or join in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Pinterest
The team at Off the Map Travel works with experiences and destinations that allow people to explore hidden wonders of our planet.
Specializing in Soft Adventure Off the Map Travels create tailor-made holiday itineraries offering authentic experiences not arranged by many larger travel companies.
Soft Adventure is the opportunity to experience memorable adventures without the hassle of pre-planning or the requirement for specific skills or training.
Perfect for families, as they are suitable for all ages, Soft Adventure incorporates all of the creature comforts and luxury you want from a holiday and includes activities that are less physically rigorous. It’s adventure – but not hardship!
Off the Map Travel believes that everybody wants something different from their vacation; therefore, our holidays are tailored to the requirements of the individual, couple or group traveling. No two programs are the same.
Off the Map Travel is owned and run by those who appreciate the best holiday experiences in authentic cities, towns and villages to give their clients a chance to see the real country.
# # #
- URL and Itinerary: https://www.offthemap.travel/experiences/white-water-raft-to-a-jungle-lodge/
- Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q46wvp17q4dyk0e/AAATYUD–zhwPf0cCQ-0hHA5a?dl=0
- 360-degree images: https://www.offthemap.travel/pacuare-lodge-pr/
Pacuare Lodge Accommodations:
- Linda Vista Suite: 230 square meter suite perched on a ridge amid exuberant tropical greenery with river views; clean, bright and natural design with luxury appointments. Sleeping two, the suite comes with its own private spring fed pool, double bedroom, living room and deck.
- Canopy Suite: Set among the treetops, this well-appointed bungalow enjoys a 180-degree rainforest view and comes with a private suspension bridge that leads from the deck to a platform high in a rainforest tree that affords a sweeping view of the Pacuare River and surrounding jungle. The suite is elegantly furnished and holds a king anopy bed. The adjacent covered deck has a hammock and seating area, and the entire suite opens onto a sundeck with a small stone swimming pool fed by spring water.
- River View Deluxe: A 91 square meter private retreat with tranquil luxury and design and a private terrace that opens on a stunning waterfront deck with views of the Pacuare River and the surrounding jungle. The suite features a king canopy bed with 300-thread Egyptian cotton linens and superior Beautyrest mattress®, exquisite décor, and natural design with hardwood flooring.
- River Suites: A 62 square meters suite with understated luxury, sustainable construction, and the sounds of the rainforest. Each suite has a private terrace that opens to landscaped native bush gardens and a stunning view of thick rainforest that cascades down a mountainside opposite the Pacuare River. Each suite includes a luxuriously appointed king canopy bed.
- Jaguar Villa: The largest and most luxurious acccommodations at 350 square meters combining thoughtful luxury with complete immersion in the tropical rainforest. Set next to the Pacuare River, the Jaguar Villa includes simple, elegant design with hardwood floors and teak furniture along with open areas for admiring the surrounding nature, spacious bathrooms, outdoor showers, and a terrace with a spring-fed pool.
Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.