Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool, Manchester and Southampton door-to-door trips boost safety, convenience and productivity
BERLIN – 21 September 2020 – Travellers and commuters have a new intercity chauffeur shuttle that beats train trips between London and six U.K. cities. Global chauffeur service Blacklane is the first to offer 24/7 flat rates between London and Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Liverpool, Manchester and Southampton — with more to come.
“Pay for the ride, not the seat,” said Dr. Jens Wohltorf, Blacklane’s CEO and co-founder. “Blacklane is the simple and safe way to get to and from London. You save money and have peace of mind for the entire trip, without wasting time and energy.”
Door-to-door transfers may start and end in city limits or suburbs. This eliminates the hassle, health risks and cost of getting to and from main stations.
New Blacklane flat rates to and from London, compared to trains
* Train fares were for peak-hour travel for one seat for one seat on 15.09.20, researched on 14.09.20.
Blacklane’s chauffeured rides offer unmatched benefits in #Londonandbeyond:
- Door-to-door safety: Passengers have a private and sanitised space. They bypass health risks from crowded subways, trams, trains, escalators, platforms and stations. Chauffeurs disinfect vehicles and water bottles before each ride. Chauffeurs avoid guest contact and offer guests hand sanitiser. Chauffeurs and guests wear face masks for all rides worldwide. Chauffeurs will provide masks if guests do not have them.
- Continual comfort and productivity: Guests enjoy Business Class sedans, such as the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, and Business Vans, such as the Mercedes-Benz V-Class. Vehicles have leather seats and charging ports for tablets and phones. Passengers can work or relax for the entire journey, rather than walk, wait, lug bags, and transfer trains. Chauffeurs’ discretion gives a private space to manage personal affairs.
- Flexibility: Travellers and commuters may book each way with as little as one hour’s notice. They can choose any pickup time they desire without being constrained by train schedules. They can cancel Bristol, Cambridge and Southampton rides for free one hour before departure. Liverpool and Manchester rides, and Birmingham rides that exceed 200 kilometres, have a 24-hour cancellation notice.
- Sustainability: Blacklane offsets emissions from all rides worldwide through a partnership with U.K.-based Carbon Footprint, Ltd. Blacklane was the first ride service to offset all trips worldwide, starting in 2017.
Comparison: One Canada Square (London) to MediaCity UK (Manchester) for two travellers
|Total travel time||3:46²||3:52³|
|Number of transfers||3||0|
|Percent productive time||55%||100%|
|Waiting time||45+ minutes||0 minutes|
|Walking time||18 minutes³||0 minutes|
¹ 8:00 departure from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly on 15.09.20, researched on 14.09.20. Two tube fares from Canary Wharf to Euston cost £5.80. Two Manchester Zone 1 tram fares cost £2.80.
² Google Maps, and adding the recommended arrival time of 30-minutes before departure.
³ Google Maps.
About Blacklane (blacklane.com)
Blacklane’s global chauffeur service brings peace of mind to travellers moving through a fast-paced world. The crew’s dedication to safety, reliability, and smart technology places Blacklane at the forefront of a new era of stress-free travel. Since 2017, the company has been carbon-neutral, combining a five-star guest experience with care for the planet. Upgrade your travels on Blacklane’s mobile apps or website.