The Texas Coast’s popular, resort-style village helps families make memorable celebrations.
Port Aransas, Texas—Holidays typically draw families home, but this year, many are looking to gather for celebrations elsewhere. After all, everyone has spent a lot of time at home in the pandemic era.
Now vacationers are choosing road trips to the Texas Coast—and to Cinnamon Shore. “We’re breaking records for fall bookings, but we still have availability for Thanksgiving week and into the Christmas season,” says Jeff Lamkin, developer of this New Urban development in Port Aransas, Texas.
Unconstrained by a school calendar or expectations to come to an office, families have freedom to learn and work from anywhere. People are seeking to be together in a place that feels special, but also private, safe, and secure—with wide open spaces and plenty of fresh air. That’s what Cinnamon Shore offers.
“With all the challenges and changes that 2020 has brought, it’s a great year to try something different around the holidays and to celebrate in a place where all you have to do is relax,” says Celeste Edwards, general manager of Cinnamon Shore Vacation Rentals. Those who book between Thanksgiving and New Year’s will appreciate all that this charming destination offers:
- Large beach homes that can accommodate multiple families. Many Cinnamon Shore rentals boast two master suites, two living areas, multiple decks, designer kitchens, and plenty of seating for mealtimes.
- Condos and cottages with master suites and bunks rooms. Smaller scale rentals also offer everything families need. And one-bedroom condos welcome couples or solo guests.
- A fitness center overlooking the Dune Pool. Keep moving during holiday getaways with Peloton bikes, treadmills, and more. Our workout center keeps safety top of mind with limited capacity and stringent cleaning standards.
- On-site restaurants. Guests can enjoy popular newcomers at Cinnamon Shore―Dylan’s Coal Oven Pizzeria and Coffee Waves, along with long-time favorite Lisabella’s Bistro.
- Village retail. The Bottle Shoppe liquor store opened in 2020, along with The Market, which offers sundries, produce, cheeses, and Cinnamon Shore merchandise.
- Easy beach access. Dune crossovers make it easy for guests of all ages to get to the beach via a stroll or golf cart ride.
- Quiet season charms. The less-crowded beach is just as beautiful in cooler weather.
Cinnamon Shore has grown into a full-fledged resort-style village with luxury accommodations, and its nearby expansion, Cinnamon Shore South, offers more beachside rentals with designer selections and style.
Special Dates During The Holidays
At Thanksgiving, get turkey and all the fixings on site at Dylan’s Coal Oven Pizzeria, offering a $45-per-person meal that includes sliced turkey, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean almandine, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. Order by Monday, Nov. 18; call 361.416-1844. For those who prefer to do it all themselves, Cinnamon Shore rentals have fully equipped kitchens. The Market at Cinnamon Shore will have beer and wine available for purchase.
The Christmas season kicks off at Cinnamon Shore with a visit from Santa and his reindeer on Sat., Nov. 28, when families can take photos in the Town Center. Port Aransas hosts its Golf Cart Parade and Lighted Boat Parade on Sat., Dec. 5—another great time to book at Cinnamon Shore.
The week between Christmas and New Year’s is a quiet season favorite, and on New Year’s Eve, chef-run Lisabella’s Bistro will offer a prix fixe menu.
As days cool, guests can enjoy Cinnamon Shore’s heated Stillwater Pool or bundle up for beach walks. Many rentals have fireplaces for cozy holiday nights.
“We hope many guests make spending time at the beach a new holiday tradition,” says Edwards.
Check vacation rental availability at cinnamonshore.com.
About Cinnamon Shore
Cinnamon Shore is a pedestrian-friendly planned community nestled behind the protective dunes on Mustang Island along the Texas Gulf Coast. It is the first new urbanism development for Sea Oats Group, which is fulfilling its vision of a traditional seaside village with a wide array of amenities and recreational facilities intertwined with beach cottages, luxury villas and vibrant town centers. Now comprised of two communities – the original, Cinnamon Shore North, and its new, 150-acre, Gulf-side expansion, Cinnamon Shore South – every detail of the master plan for both is designed to embrace the natural ambience of Mustang Island and the slow-paced charm of a walkable neighborhood. For more information, visit http://www.CinnamonShore.com, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@CinnamonShore).
About Sea Oats Group
Port Aransas-based Sea Oats Group is one of the most successful developers of coastal properties in any market nationwide, including the Texas Gulf Coast, where the value of its beachfront portfolio is unequalled. The firm is dedicated to creating traditional neighborhood developments that provide residents with the highest possible quality of life, while preserving the integrity of the resort landscapes they occupy. By combining living spaces with retail areas in a walkable, connected plan, Sea Oats Group weaves together beautiful places to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.SeaOatsGroup.com.