Reach new heights in South America, sleep under the stars in the States, or look out for the Big 5 in Africa – these are just some of the new additions to Contiki‘s trip portfolio, currently spanning over 350 trips across six continents.
From in-depth explorations in emerging destinations, to scenic train journeys and one-of-a-kind experiences that give back, here are some of the new trip highlights:
GET BACK TO NATURE
Patagonia Trail (10 days)
- Uncover staggering scenery on a hike through the southern area of LosGlaciares National Park
- Trek deep into Torres Del Paine National Park for unmissable sunset views
- Opt for an ice climbing lesson inthe ‘capital of trekking’ El Chaltén
Priced from £2,789 for ten days, 15 meals and domestic transport.
Lost City Trek (5 days)
- Ciudad Perdida (literally ‘Lost City’) disappeared into the Columbian jungle around the time of the Spanish Conquest and was only ‘discovered’ again in the 1970s. Deep in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta Mountains, it remains accessible only by foot
- Trek across snaking rivers and alongside waterfalls over five days to the ancient archaeological site.
- Spend four nights nestled in nature, sleeping in hammocks under starlit skies as the sounds of the jungle lull you to sleep
Priced from £413 for five days and 13 meals.
Grand Alaska (12 days)
- Journey along the spectacular hiking trails of Denali National Park, the Maclaren River and St Elias National Park (which is bigger than Yellowstone, Yosemite and Switzerland combined!)
- Join a Columbia Glacier kayak adventure
- Camp in the heart of nature
Priced from £2,399 for 12 days, 30 meals, 15 included experiences.
Colombian Coasts & Culture (9 days)
- Tick off some of Colombia’s best beaches and jungles including Tayrona National Park and Palomino Beach
- Join a locally guided tour to hear how Medellín has bounced back from a tumultuous past
- Visit a local market in Cartagena to pick up fresh ingredients for an Afro-Caribbean cooking class
- Go tubing down the Palomino River
Priced from £1,179 for nine days, 13 meals and seven included experiences.
Okavango Delta and Deserts (13 days – Namibia and Botswana)
- Go wildlife spotting in an open top jeeps
- Quad bike through Namibia’s highest sand dune
- Spend the night in a tree house overlooking the KavangoRiver
Priced from £2,755 for 13 days, 17 meals, 11 included experiences.
Portugal City & Surf (9 days)
- Dive into the relaxed Portuguese lifestyle at beach-side yoga and surf camp Noah Surf House
- Get on the water with surf and paddleboarding lessons
- Stopover in the sacred place of Fatima
- Pasteis de Nata cooking class in the home of a local
Priced from £1,249 for nine days, nine meals and seven included experiences.
NO FLY TRIPS
London to Berlin by Train (8 days)
- Join a not-for-profit tour hosted by London’s ex homeless community
- Glide around Paris on an E-scooter
- Attend an evening seminar at the Prostitute Information Centre, learning about the lives of Amsterdam’s sex workers
Priced from £1,186 for eight days, nine meals and four included experiences.
Berlin to Budapest by Train (9 days)
- Enjoy dinner at a traditional Bavarian Beer Hall
- Get a new perspective on the city’s turbulent history on a Refugee Voicestour of Berlin (see below)
- Check out Vienna’s ‘beach bars’ where the locals like to hang
Priced from £1,076 for nine days, 16 meals and six included experiences.
CONSCIOUS TRAVEL EXPERIENCES
- The Refugee Voices tour of Berlin (video here) is led by a Syrian refugee and takes travellers to places of historical significance throughout the city. The guide draws parallels between Europe in the 20th century and what has happened to Syria in the 21st. Travellers will hear first-hand the story of a Syrian refugee, the struggles of displacement and the experiences that come from creating a new home in a new city. Featured on the new Berlin to Budapest by Train trip.
- After two nights exploring Kruger National Park in South Africa, travellers visit the Protrack Anti-Poaching Centreto learn about wild animal conservation with a local ranger. Walking through a ‘poaching pit’, the group are shown how to look out for poaching snares placed around the area – simulating what rangers have to do in the bush – as the ranger explains the plight of rhino poaching in Africa. For every person attending, Contiki donates R200 – which goes directly back into the training academy – helping train rangers to fight the war on poaching in South Africa. Featured on Cape, Safari & Falls from £1,825 for 11 days, 15 meals and 11 included experiences.
- At the Reef HQ in Australia’s Townsville, Contiki travellers visit a turtle hospital and learn about reef protection with a debrief from the marine crew. They also get an overview of the Reef app, which can be downloaded and used for extra tips and information during their visit – supporting the work of the Reef HQ team to continue protecting the future of the reef. Featured on Beaches and Reefs from £1,582 for 15 days, 17 meals and 27 included experiences.
- Iceland has suffered intense deforestation throughout its history, with forest coverage dropping to as little as 0.5% by the early 20th century. As part of a Golden Circle tour, Contiki travellers have the chance to reduce their carbon footprint and leave their mark in Iceland by planting five trees each in the Haukadalur valley, all part of Contiki’sIceland Reforestation programme. Do it on Contiki’s Fire & Ice trip from £821 for six days, eight meals and ten included experiences.
For more information, or to book visit www.contiki.com
Contiki are the world leaders in travel experiences for 18-35’s. We’re about discovery, once-in-a-lifetime moments, human connections, and making every second of being young count. We run over 300 trips in 50 plus countries, each and every one designed to get to the beating heart of a destination, understanding the local way of life and unearthing No Regrets experiences. A member of the family-owned The Travel Corporation (TTC), we are renowned and trusted for our outstanding quality, service, value, reliability and financial stability. Want to know more? Visit www.contiki.com
ABOUT THE TRAVEL CORPORATION
The Travel Corporation (TTC) is a highly successful international travel group. Our philosophy is simple – to create enriching experiences for our travelers by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value, driven by a passionate global team who are driven to deliver memorable experiences. No matter what your taste, whether you are a family or a couple, a group or traveling solo – TTC offers something for everyone. Our multi-award-winning portfolio ranges from luxury hotels and boutique river cruises, to independent holiday package companies and a variety of guided travel experiences. Visit www.TTC.com