Florida’s Walt Disney World has set a date for a phased reopening.
Parks will start welcoming guests on July 11 at its Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom parks and then from July 15 for EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, Disney said.
All Disney parks have been closed since mid-March, putting tens of thousands of workers temporarily out of work.
Disney parks in California will remain closed.
A host of new health and safety measures will be implemented which includes reduced capacity, the mandatory wearing of face masks and temperature screening on arrival.
Disney CEO Bob Capek said mask wearing will be enforced.
“We’re going to enforce that rule. It’s for everybody’s safety. We’ve had a great experience in Shanghai. Guests are willing to wear the masks because they know that it’s for everyone’s good,” Capek told CNN Business.
Parades, fireworks and other events that generally involve large gatherings will be suspended for the time being.
To reduce cash handling, more contactless payment options will be offered and hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the park.
The reopening plans still have to be ratified by Orange County officials and the Florida Governor’s office.
WDW will be the second park complex to reopen after Shanghai Disneyland earlier this month.