According to Revinate, 73% of travelers still plan to travel within the next year, and since 40% of worldwide travelers reportedly canceled a trip since the arrival of the coronavirus – with 27% reporting postponed travel – it’s clear that people are searching for safe ways to adapt plans.
Below is a selection of the Dream’s most sought-after hotels that are a perfect fit for staycation-minded travelers, due largely to their extensive VIP packages and wide range of desirable locations around the country.
- Dream Nashville offers several popular suite packages, such as “Feast, No Fuss,” where you can enjoy a night in the Terrace Suite, complete with your own BBQ Butler, campfire s’mores and Dream’s exclusive “Printer’s Abbey” brew on tap, as well as “Ante Up!,” which includes an overnight stay in the Guest House, poker, ping pong and pale ale. Both of these suites have been selling out each weekend at nearly $650 per night since May, with a lot of staycations from the local and drivable markets. There is also live, local music seven nights a week at Snitch, Dream Nashville’s speakeasy. In October, the hotel plans to debut a BYOMB package, which features a pre-stocked minibar with four specialty cocktails and snacks.
- Unscripted Durham engaged with its fans and followers on Instagram and asked them what they missed most about life pre-COVID – Birthday Celebrations, Parents Night Out and Friends Getaway – and then created new amenity packages based on the responses. The hotel’s Drag N Brunch returned in early September and they will also be turning the patio into a winter wonderland, complete with real igloos.
- Dream South Beach has seen an uptick in demand for smaller social gatherings, such as their “Reignite Your Crew” package for bachelor/bachelorette parties as well as belated Birthday and anniversary celebrations. The Sun Suite is the best-selling suite and has sold out every weekend since the hotel reopened, which is expected to continue through this fall.
- Dream Hollywood is offering packages that include Dream + Dine, which features accommodations plus a $100 credit at sophisticated lounge/pool/grill The Highlight Room (THR); Work + Play, which offers a $50 credit to THR and free parking; BYOMB, which – similar to Dream Nashville – features a pre-stocked minibar with four specialty cocktails and snacks; Keep Moving, which provides guests with a $20 Uber credit and a free Theragun rental during the stay. There is also a popular NFL Game Day package that includes one cabana and one guest house, along with buckets of beer, wings from Highlight Grill and access to four TVs in THR. The suites and cabanas have been in very high demand and are typically sold out, particularly on the weekends. These are in addition to the hotel’s perennial packages, including Park + Play, Pack your Wags and Dream Wedding.
- Dream Downtown has seen increased demands in its suite packages and full-floor buyouts. The hotel’s “Suite Life” package allows guests to stay in the tricked out GuestHouse or South Tower Terrace Suite, featuring a private terrace and the GuestHouse’s glass-bottom Jacuzzi and outdoor shower, along with pool passes for two, one $100 food and beverage credit per night, a bottle of bubbly, and a 2:00 p.m. late checkout. Rates start at $6,000/night. The GuestHouse is sold out every weekend in September and is expected to sell out in October as well. The “Dream Longer” package provides guests with a 10% discount when they book two nights, 15% for three or more and also includes 2:00 p.m. late checkout with rates starting at $200/night. The “Perfect Pair” deal offers guests the opportunity to book two adjacent balcony rooms and a $100 food and beverage credit per night with rates starting at $350/night. Also, the Beach at Dream Downtown will stay open through the fall, weather-permitting, and PHD Rooftop will stay open through December with the addition of heat lamps.