Homewood, Hotel and Spa, is launching new summer packages, booked directly with Homewood. UK staycations are set to be the natural choice this summer for most of the UK, post lockdown. So why not embrace a domestic holiday in style and explore the South West. There is so much to discover and enjoy around Homewood, from family friendly walking or cycling routes through country lanes to following nature trails and visiting local art galleries, historic heritage sites and even a safari park!
So why not stay in perfect comfort at Homewood as your UK holiday base. Ideally located in Freshford, the country hotel is surrounded by 20 acres of country estate gardens, a delight for guests with children or dogs to explore. Views over the rolling English countryside paint an idyll to kick back and enjoy some Pimm’s on the terrace over some great local produce all farm to fork. Not to mention our private hot tub garden suites set in the stunning grounds, ready to create memory making staycations for summer 2020. Staff will be attentive to maintaining social distancing, which Homewood naturally lends itself to in the hotel grounds.
Not forgetting our four-legged friends who have kept us all sane and in good company throughout lockdown, Homewood is also offering free stays to all well-behaved doggies across the summer.
We’re All Going on our Staycation – Five Nights for Four:
- Package: Book a Five-night stay with Bed and Breakfast, and enjoy the last night, courtesy of Homewood
- Complimentary full afternoon tea (an upgrade on the booking direct benefit of cream tea)
- A complimentary cocktail or mocktail for each guest.
- A complimentary Homewood picnic on one day
- Starting from, £344 per person, per stay, based on two guests sharing
Upgrade Sir?! Be our Guest – Best in House:
Your taste of the good life awaits at Homewood, set in 20 acres of gardens, offering the ideal luxurious leafy base and just 15-minutes from the world heritage city of Bath. Book ahead for the best rates on our most sought after rooms
- Package: Choose a large deluxe room, junior suite or hot tub suite, in the house or the lodge.
- Complimentary cream tea on arrival when booking directly with the hotel
- Complimentary wifi, free parking available
- Starting from, £84 per person, per night, based on two guests sharing
Enjoy Dinner, Bed and Breakfast at Homewood’s chic country escape:
- Package: Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
- Calling all foodies, for fabulous feasts post lockdown and no washing up!
- Book advance dinner, bed and breakfast break to experience the good life
- Starting from, £105 per person, per night, based on two guests sharing a Deluxe King or Twin.
Enjoy an extra night on Homewood – Midweek stays:
- Package: Book three nights Sunday to Friday on Bed and Breakfast basis
- Third night is on Homewood as a thank you for choosing to holiday at the hotel
- Complimentary Afternoon Cream Tea on arrival
- Starting from, £150 per person, per stay (for three nights), based on two guests sharing
Coming to Homewood late summer is the new ‘Homewood Lodge’ nestled within private gardens, and situated next to the main manor house. It has beautiful scenic views over the Avon Valley, looking down onto Freshford village and miles of rolling countryside. The new rooms will consist of four Hot Tub Suites with private terrace or balcony, Junior Suites, and four Deluxe King size rooms, most overlooking the Somerset hills. Guests can also book The Lodge exclusively for group use of all 10 rooms for a party or special occasion as it’s perfectly placed to be just yours yet with all the facilities of a luxury hotel available.
The Terrace and Outdoor Kitchen:
The brand-new terrace and outdoor kitchen will house a Japanese-inspired Robata grill, pizza oven and BBQ area. The new terrace menu will be a Mediterranean-style menu, with tapas & small plates, grilled meats and fish, hearty plant-based salads and potted desserts will be complimented by a specially devised botanical cocktail list.
Homewood is situated in a truly delightful part of the country in the South West of England, it is equal distance to Frome or Bath Spa both historic Roman towns. There are several beautiful walking trails for a nature hunt and summer’s country walk or cycle, driving routes around the Cotswolds triangle are also a must-do while staying at Homewood, as is hiring bicycles to cycle along the Avoncliff Aqueduct to view the Avon canal from Freshford towards Bradford on Avon, while taking in country pubs and a medieval tithe barn along the route or even pop into Quoins organic vineyard to top up on stocks.
Homewood Country House Hotel is subject to Government policy, aiming to reopen their doors with social distancing measures in place on Saturday 4 July 2020. We are also expecting the outdoor pool to be open at the beginning of July subject to government regulations.
- Homewood Hotel and Spa are subject to Government policy aiming to reopen their doors with social distancing measures in place on Saturday 4 July 2020.
- Homewood is part of the Mr & Mrs Smith Hotel Collection
- The Lodge – Includes 10 New stunning Bedrooms – Hot Tub Garden Suites to Deluxe King Bedrooms, with views of the rolling Somerset Countryside
- With 21 luxurious guest rooms and suites to choose from, a modern British restaurant with alfresco terrace which focuses on local and home-grown produce and a spa with a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, heated outside swimming pool and hot tub, your visit to Homewood will be one of relaxation. Located just far enough from the city centre to get away from it all, while also being just 15 minutes away should you wish to explore the world heritage site of Bath. Plus children of all ages are welcome at Homewood, as is the dog.
- Kaleidoscope Collection is an independent hotel group which includes The Bird, Bath, with latest addition – Homewood.
- Bath is the largest city in the county of Somerset, England, and is known for its Roman-built baths, famous crescents and Jane Austen. Bath is also located just over 100 miles west of London and is the perfect base to explore the West Country.
- Other attractions close-by are include Longleat Safari Park which is just over 13 miles away, there’s and one of the country’s best-known wild swimming spots is just down the road, and of course all the sights, museums and attractions of nearby Bath – guests will find entertainment and experiences for all the family.
- All interiors/exteriors images: Steve Russell steverussellstudios.com/
Things to see and do close to Homewood:
- A beautiful loop walk, through ancient woodlands, pastures and quiet lanes taking in the River Frome, with a convenient stop off at Iford Manor, where at certain times you can enjoy afternoon tea at the Housekeeper’s Tearoom.
- The full loop takes around 1 1⁄2 hours at a medium pace.
- For a longer walk to Farleigh Hungerford where you can visit Farleigh Castle, allow 2 1⁄2 hours, longer if you plan to picnic.
- Dogs on leads are welcome into the grounds of Farleigh Castle. There are a number of options at certain points along the walk allowing you to shorten or extend accordingly.
- A drive away is Longleat Safari Park approx 20 minutes
- Frome village is also a short driving distance of 15 minutes by car or 1-hour cycling
- Hauser and Wirth Art Gallery in the village of Bruton holds many exhibitions and is worth an afternoon of culture. Approx 35-minute drive from Homewood.
- Cycle route from Freshford village to Bradford on Avon – take in Avon Canal, Medieval C14th Tithe Barn, country pubs and Quoins organic vineyard in Little Ashton.
- Stonehenge Ruins are close to Warminster and a 40-minute drive from Homewood