The Illinois Office of Tourism Releases Refreshed Enjoy Illinois Magazine
Promotion for Spring/Summer Issue Includes Social Media Giveaway with Six Flags Great America
Chicago – The Illinois Office of Tourism released the new spring/summer issue of its biannual travel magazine, Enjoy Illinois. Renamed from Travel Illinois to align more closely with the state’s EnjoyIllinois.com website, the publication features fresh, new design elements for a better reader experience, while offering amazing travel inspiration to encourage readers to enjoy the many diverse destinations and authentic experiences you can only find in Illinois.
To promote the magazine, the Illinois Office of Tourism is partnering with Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, featured on the issue’s cover, for a social media giveaway hosted across Enjoy Illinois social channels and by six well-known local and regional travel influencers, starting Sunday, March 8. Followers can enter for a chance to win one of eight four-packs of tickets to Six Flags Great America for the upcoming spring/summer season by subscribing to the free print edition of Enjoy Illinois magazine.
Known as the “Thrill Capital of the Midwest,” Six Flags Great America is home to 17 heart-pounding roller coasters, spectacular shows and three children’s themed areas with more than 30 family attractions.
To enter the Enjoy Illinois + Six Flags Great America sweepstakes click here.
The Enjoy Illinois magazine highlights incredible places to eat, stay and play across the state this spring and summer including:
Chicago & Beyond
- Tour the Illinois Frank Lloyd Wright Trail in Oak Park
- Coast down the historic I&M Canal on a mule-pulled boat in La Salle
- Sip on Tangled Roots Brewery’s signature beer, Forty 1 Eighty 8, in Ottawa
- Slide into a fun day at Great Wolf Lodge’s indoor water park in Gurnee
Great Rivers Country
- Explore the site where Lewis and Clark began their expedition along the Missouri River in Hartford
- Savor comfort food with a gourmet twist from local farms at Cleveland-Heath in Edwardsville
- Cruise the Rock River aboard The Pride of Oregon, an old-fashioned paddle-wheeler boat
- Stay in Nauvoo’s Ten Acre Treehouse, complete with a kitchen, grilling deck and small library
Land of Lincoln
- Explore the antique shops and handmade goods of Illinois Amish Country
- Discover the eight new oversize objects recognized by the Guinness World Records in Casey
- Attend a guided farm tour and dinner at Epiphany Farms in Bloomington
- Get off the grid at Allerton Park and Retreat Center in Monticello, a secluded mansion with 1,500 across of woodland
Trails to Adventure
- Follow the awe-inspiring trails tracing bluffs above the Ohio River at Cave-in-Rock State Park
- Zip through the treetops of Shawnee National Forest on a Shawnee Bluffs Canopy Tour in Makanda
- Sip Illinois wine in a glass-encased wine cellar at Rare Chop House in Mount Vernon
- Go green at the eco-chic Makanda Inn and Cottages located along the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail
To subscribe, download a digital copy or order a free copy of the Enjoy Illinois magazine click here.
Discover activities and experiences in Illinois to enjoy year-round at EnjoyIllinois.com.
In 2018, Illinois Office of Tourism welcomed a record 117 million visitors from around the world, resulting in nearly $42 billion in visitor spending and generating $3.3 billion in state and local tax revenue. The Illinois travel and tourism industry supported 342,500 jobs in 2018, an increase of 5,200 jobs from 2017.
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Office of Tourism manages industry efforts that result in sustainable and significant economic and quality-of-life benefits for Illinois residents.