HF Holidays News Release 30 October 2019
DISCOVER THE AMERICAS ON AN HF HOLIDAYS WALKING HOLIDAY
SAVE UP TO £300* PER PERSON ON SELECTED DEPARTURES
Exceptional Experiences – HF Holidays has a great range of guided walking and sightseeing holidays in the Americas, taking guests to the ‘must see’ destinations with breath-taking itineraries and beyond. With HF Holidays Guided Walking holidays guests experience the iconic trails and routes, as well as the sightseeing highlights, but they also discover local insights into many aspects of culture and heritage with our local Leaders, whose knowledge and experience only enhances and already memorable trip.
HF HOLIDAYS’ BEST OFFERS ON SELECTED DEPARTURES BOOK BY 29 NOV 2019
AMERICAN ROCKIES GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 16 Aug 2020, 12 NIGHTS From £4,899pp with flights SAVE £250 £4,649pp
Cross the magnificent American Rockies, from Colorado to Wyoming and into Utah, visiting Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
- Explore the landscapes and wildness of the American Rockies
- Departures have been selected to ensure optimum wildlife viewing – babies in the spring, the bison rut in August and the elk rut in September
- Visit some of the USA’s most iconic and stunning national parks
ALL DEPARTURES: 31 May, 16 Aug, 27 Sept 2020
YOSEMITE & THE GRAND CANYON GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 13 Jun 2020, 11 NIGHTS From £4,999pp with flights SAVE £300 £4,699pp
Start in San Francisco and the fog rolling over the Golden Gate Bridge. Then get ready to make your escape to Yosemite National Park. Here, waterfall-striped walls contrast the emerald-green Yosemite Valley.
- Enjoy the sights of San Francisco including a visit to Alcatraz
- Walk in Yosemite National Park beneath its grand granite peaks
- Be dwarfed by giant trees in Sequoia National Park
- Feel tiny hiking into the depths of the Grand Canyon
ALL DEPARTURES: 13 Jun & 12 Sep 2020
GRAND CANYON & THE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 2 May 2020, 14 NIGHTS From £5,199pp with flights SAVE £150 £5,049pp
Spend your days hiking over lava rocks and enjoying the natural wonders of America’s National Parks on foot and take in the magnificence of the Grand Canyon and Arches National Park.
- Immerse yourself in the Grand Canyon as you descend the sheer sides of the gorge
- Discover Zion National Park’s waterfalls, steep overhanging cliffs and surreal rock formations
- Hike the Devil’s Garden Trail below the stone spans of Arches National Park
ALL DEPARTURES: 2 May & 10 Oct 2020
CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA
COSTA RICA GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 17 Nov 2020, 11 NIGHTS From £3,999pp with flights SAVE £150 £3,849pp
Hike in the Poás Volcano National Park, with steaming craters and emerald pools. Relax on the sandy beaches and quiet trails of Marino Ballena National Park.
- Astounding tropical bird life including the rare resplendent quetzal
- Walking around the active Arenal Volcano
- Rainforest canopy walks
- Optional extension to the Corcovado National Park on the Pacific beaches
ALL DEPARTURES: 18 Feb, 17 Nov 2020
CUBA GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 1 Nov 2020, 14 NIGHTS From £3,699pp with flights SAVE £150 £3,549pp
Explore the cobbled colonial streets of Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad. Discover the tobacco fields and rainforests of Viñales and the peaks, waterfalls, white sand beaches and plantations of central and western Cuba.
- Take a walking tour of historic Habana Vieja and explore the city in a classic car
- Walk in Viňales among limestone ‘mogotes’, tobacco fields and rainforest
- Explore the Caribbean coast in the Northern Cays
- Discover Trinidad, a Spanish colonial treasure frozen in time
ALL DEPARTURES: 9 Feb, 5 Apr, 1 Nov 2020
CHILE & EASTER ISLAND GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 23 Mar & 20 Apr 2020, 13 NIGHTS From £5,399pp with flights SAVE £200 £5,199pp
See hot springs and gesyers; explore extinct volcanoes and the mysterious remains of the Rapa Nui culture on Easter Island. Explore the dramatic landscapes of the Andes with a full day walk.
- Visit the world’s driest desert, the Atacama Desert
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Valparaíso
- Iconic Easter Island, a mysterious destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
- Discover delicious wines in Chile’s Casablanca Valley
ALL DEPARTURES: 23 Mar, 20 Apr, 05 Oct 2020
PATAGONIA GUIDED WALKING & SIGHTSEEING
Departing 20 Feb & 22 Oct 2020, 17 NIGHTS From £7,199pp with flights SAVE £200 £6,999pp
Towering peaks, glistening lakes, imposing glaciers and vast wilderness stretch out in all directions in Chile’s breathtaking Torres del Paine National Park, while the Fitz Roy ranges, Southern Patagonian Ice Field and bustling Buenos Aires highlight the many facets of Argentina.
- Walk in the Los Glaciares National Park
- Explore the ‘End of the World’ at Ushuaia, Tierro del Fuego
- Discover Buenos Aires, including a tango show with dinner
- See Patagonian wildlife, such as the flightless rhea, guanacos and condors
ALL DEPARTURES: 20 Feb, 22 Oct & 19 Nov 2020
Notes to Editor:
Contact: Hannah Garcia, PR & Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founded in 1913, HF Holidays is the largest UK travel Co-operative Society.
- HF Holidays has 18 country houses in the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty as well as independent hotels for overseas holidays.
- Sociability is at the heart of every HF Holiday.
- Most HF walking holidays are led by a team of volunteer leaders
- HF holidays are ideal for solo travellers, couples or small groups.
- Families have an exclusive programme of holidays available, during the school holidays.
- Larger groups (8 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings.
- Guests do not need to be a member of the HF Holidays Co-operative in order to join their holidays; all are welcome.
- The HF Holidays Pathways Fund provides assisted holidays to those who could not otherwise afford one. In addition, since 1998, the fund has helped to protect and improve the countryside where HF Holidays’ guests walk. This is achieved through generous donations from HF Holidays’ members and guests.
- HF Holidays has a host of accolades under its belt including: Which? Recommended Provider for Escorted Tours 2019, Silver Travel Awards Best Activity Tour Operator 2019, Feefo Gold Service Award in 2019, Which? Recommended Provider status for 2012 – 2019; voted Best Large Tour Operator by Guardian and Observer readers 2010-2014; and Best Large Short Break Operator 2011-2014.
- HF Holidays is committed to responsible tourism and is a member of ABTOT and ATOL protected.
- Follow @hfholidays on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram