COASTAL MISSISSIPPI ( – This fall, head to Coastal Mississippi to discover a region that is perfectly poised to surprise and delight, offering all the relaxation, adventure and variety that travelers want. The Secret Coast’s temperate climate, along with its astounding natural beauty and rich, unique culture, makes for the perfect fall destination. While the weather starts to cool in other areas, visitors to The Secret Coast can explore 62 miles of scenic shoreline long into the autumn months. Coastal Mississippi offers an incredible amount to do, see and experience for all. From outdoor activities, such as kayaking, boating, fishing and hiking, to a wide variety of attractions, museums, seasonal festivals, world-class gaming, a booming culinary scene, and championship golf courses, visitors can design their own perfect fall getaway to Coastal Mississippi.
Health and safety continue to be our top priorities, so rest assured that when you visit The Secret Coast, you will not only be met with warm welcomes, but you will also see that hospitality partners are implementing all necessary precautions to protect you, your loved ones, and our industry employees. See our Coastal Mississippi Promise for more details.
Fall in Love on a Secret Coast Getaway
- Take your loved one on a scenic road trip. Highway 90 runs all the way from West Texas to East Florida, but the most beautiful part is right here in Coastal Mississippi. Scenic Highway 90 takes you right by the Gulf of Mexico and a 26-mile-long beach (view video HERE), all the way from Waveland to Moss Point, across two stunning bay bridges and right past many historic sights worth seeing. On your Highway 90 journey between the Louisiana and Alabama borders, you will pass through several beautiful and unique towns, all offering their own charming personality.
- Stroll through friendly, laid-back towns packed with art, retail, restaurants, and culture. Along Coastal Mississippi’s 62 miles of scenic shoreline, you will discover 12 distinct coastal communities, dotted like pearls across the shores of the Mississippi Sound. From nature-based and water activities, to beautiful, eclectic downtown areas, world-class museums, attractions, gaming, and a booming culinary scene, there is always something new to experience on The Secret Coast. Pick up a one-of-a-kind gift from a range of artisanal retailers, enjoy public art around every corner, and take a seat at one of the many bars and restaurants to enjoy an array of local delicacies, soak up the unique coastal atmosphere, and take in the beautiful views.
- Enjoy The Secret Coast’s glorious sunsets. Take a sunset boat trip on the Biloxi Schooner or the Betsy Ann Riverboat for a view from the water – and be sure to look out for dolphins! Sink your toes in our sugar-white sand and watch the sunset from our 26 miles of uninterrupted beach. Insider tip: book a fire pit on the beach to snuggle up with s’mores as you take in the beautiful night sky.
- Wine and dine your loved one at our first-class eateries. Coastal Mississippi’s culinary scene is booming, offering a vast array of gastronomic delights and seasonal fall specials. From quaint seafood spots serving Gulf-fresh seafood with a view, to sustainable fine dining and fusion cuisine, there is something to satisfy every taste bud on The Secret Coast. Once home to the “Seafood Capital of the World”, you can be sure to find some of the freshest Gulf catches at eateries across the region. With a fascinating “gumbo” of cultures and communities, from French and Spanish, to Cajun influences from our Louisiana neighbors, to a large Vietnamese and Croatian population who chose to call Coastal Mississippi home due to its vital role in the maritime and seafood industry, The Secret Coast’s culinary offerings are perfectly poised to surprise and delight. Alfresco dining options are abundant, as the region boasts a year-round temperate climate and plenty of space to enjoy local delicacies on downtown patios or on the waterfront, overlooking stunning views of the Mississippi Sound.
- Enjoy the serenity of Coastal Mississippi’s unique landscape and paddle along our bayous, bays, and rivers. Adventure is in the palm of your hand, and you can choose from a multitude of blueways to canoe, kayak and paddle stroke your way through our warm Gulf waters.
- Treat yourselves to a couple’s spa date at one of our 12 world-class casino resorts. In peaceful Coastal Mississippi, you’ll find plenty of ways to de-stress and unwind. Head to one of our world-class casino spas for a massage, facial or pedicure.
- Coastal Mississippi offers an array of lodging options to cater to any preference, from luxury casino resorts and international hotel brands, to boutique hotels and coastal bed-and-breakfast inns.
Autumnal Activities for The Family
- Thanks to our temperate climate and phenomenal natural beauty, Coastal Mississippi is a year-round destination for outdoor activities. We offer some great outdoor experiences, such as kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, boating and even a 70-minute marine life shrimping trip, that is an absolutely wonderful excursion for the entire family, showcasing exactly how shrimp and other marine life live and end up on our plates!
- If you are looking for the perfect “schoolcation” destination, Coastal Mississippi offers a plethora of opportunities to immerse your family in the region’s unique nature, history and culture. The Secret Coast boasts an abundance of educational attractions and experiences for kids of all ages. The brand new Mississippi Aquarium offers a deep dive into native marine life, dolphins, an aviary, and touch tanks. The Pascagoula River Audubon Center is an interactive portal to nature-based programming for all ages, with educational displays, activities, and a boat tour through the river and bayous. For the budding astronauts, the INFINITY Science Center uncovers everything there is to know about space travel.
- Discover the spooky side of The Secret Coast with one of our unique Halloween experiences, including a ghost boat ride through the rivers and bayous, where you can enjoy the thrill of the unknown, learn of local hauntings, and explore the legends and lore of ghostly pirates, including famed pirate Jean Lafitte!
- Treat the family to delicious local cuisine. Coastal Mississippi has an array of dining options, from coastal casual to upscale, so all taste buds are sure to be satisfied!
- The Secret Coast offers an array of family-friendly lodging options to cater to any preference, from luxury casino resorts and international hotel brands, to boutique hotels and coastal bed-and-breakfast inns.
For more information on fall in Coastal Mississippi, the Coastal Mississippi promise, and to plan your next visit to The Secret Coast, visit www.coastalmississippi.com.
Coastal Mississippi is an organization charged with promoting South Mississippi as a tourism and convention destination worldwide. Its mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure, convention, sports and business visitors to the area. It is dedicated to maximizing the travel and tourism industry for South Mississippi.
Visit CoastalMississippi.com to learn more.