Garden of the Gods Resort and Club and its Strata Integrated Wellness Spa are hidden gems of Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak, showcasing spectacular views of the iconic red rock formations. The resort offers a variety of accommodation types ranging from guestrooms and suites to Cottages and Casitas featuring a blend of classic and modern decor and many including private patios with extraordinary mountain views.
Perched atop a mesa in Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is the premier retreat in the Rocky Mountain West that offers a truly world-class resort and wellness experience. Set among expansive vistas of the snow-capped Pikes Peak and awe-inspiring National Natural Landmark of the same name, Garden of the Gods Resort and Club boasts a legendary history, having played host to some of America’s most beloved characters such as Walt Disney, Gene Autry and John Wayne. Today, the same beautiful setting beckons travelers worldwide to undergo a personalized journey of restoration and renewal with its thoughtful spa treatments and integrative medical practices at Strata Integrated Wellness Spa.
Drawing upon Colorado Springs’ legacy as a century-old wellness destination and the indigenous red rock formations of its namesake, Strata Integrated Wellness Spa is all-encompassing with a team of physicians, nurses, clinicians and spa service providers with unrivaled expertise in total well-being with a focus on preventative and integrative medicine, promoting healthy lifestyle transformation. Strata provides a fully integrated approach of healing the mind and body within its spa and wellness center offerings to support optimal health and wellbeing, including: medical treatments; a blend of Western and Eastern medicine; holistic healing of the mind and body; body assessments; massages; facials; salon services and more. As the name suggests, Strata Integrated Wellness Spa restores balance layer by layer, in harmony with the transformative powers of nature and time.
LOCATION & ACCESS:
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is located within Colorado Springs, which was recently named one of the “10 best places to retire” by CNN Money, named one of the “cities that will be the next dream outdoor hub” by Outside and was number eight in Sunset Magazine’s list, “fittest cities in the West.” The city is home to more than 30 museums, 19 art galleries, 20 breweries and 10 performance art theatres, as well as 136 parks, five sports complexes, 105 miles of urban trails and 160 miles of park trails. Known as the “Olympic City,” Colorado Springs is home to the United States Olympic Committee Headquarters, more than 20 national Olympic governing bodies, more than 50 national sports organizations, the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center and the future U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum.
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is 20 minutes from Colorado Springs Airport, which is serviced by American, Delta, Frontier, United, Allegiant and Alaska Airlines. Several major U.S. markets offer nonstop flights to the airport, including Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Atlanta, San Francisco, San Diego, Washington, D.C. and Chicago. International guests can also access Garden of the Gods Resort and Club via Denver International Airport, which is just over an hour away.
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is ideally situated near a variety of Colorado’s unique attractions, including the Manitou Incline; Pikes Peak, a famous “14-er” and inspiration behind the song, “America the Beautiful”; Cave of the Winds; U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center; Cheyenne Mountain Zoo; the United States Air Force Academy; the Royal Gorge Bridge and more.
The wide variety of luxury accommodations at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club share a spacious residential feel, flexible design and a genuine sense of place. Guests can choose from well-appointed hotel guest rooms and suites with unparalleled views in the main resort lodge, or experience the breadth of amenities while enjoying the privacy of an intimate residential community setting within the Cottages and Casitas.
Mountain front guest rooms and suites offer breathtaking, direct views of the Garden of the Gods landmark with its spectacular natural formations, sheer cliffs, abrupt towers, balancing rocks and oak-covered valleys, all framed by snow-capped Pikes Peak. Each of the 12 suites offer a separate living room area and several add a spacious powder room, wet bar and dining table to create a more residential ambiance. All accommodations are conveniently located in the main resort building with easy access to the infinity pool, fitness studios, dining, and meeting spaces.
Residential-style Cottages blend exclusivity with the world-class amenities featuring one–, two– and three–bedroom connecting room options in each luxury residence. Bordered by a landscaped courtyard with a dedicated outdoor fireplace and privacy walls to create a soothing retreat environment, the Cottages embody impeccably curated furnishings and appointments complete with a kitchenette, dining room, spacious living area with fireplace and 5-piece ensuite bath with soaking tub in each bedroom. Private patios and cozy outdoor fireplaces enhance the tranquil ambiance. Cottages provide glimpses of Pikes Peak and the majestic Rocky Mountains and are located within steps of Strata Integrated Wellness Spa and the breadth of other resort amenities.
Located in a secluded enclave nestled within Garden of the Gods Resort and Club, private Casitas blend exclusivity with the world-class services for which the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is known. The Casitas have been designed with flexibility in mind, featuring one–, two– and three-bedroom luxury residences, each with connecting room options. Exquisitely furnished and well-appointed, each residence includes a full kitchen, dining room, spacious living area with fireplace and 5-piece ensuite bath with soaking tub in each bedroom. With water features and a calming stream winding through the residences, each Casita has a private patio and inviting outdoor fireplace and glimpses of Pikes Peak and the majestic Rocky Mountains. Casitas are located within steps of Strata Integrated Wellness Spa and the breadth of other resort amenities.
- Private balcony or patio
- Large powder room and closet
- Small refrigerator (full kitchen in Casitas)
- Nespresso coffeemaker with complimentary coffee
- Plum Wine System, fine wines by the glass (lodge and cottages)
- Plush robes
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Dual-line phones with data ports
- Plasma television with cable channels
- Clock radio with iPod docking station
- In-room safe
- Wireless high-speed internet
- Complimentary bottled water
- Board games and DVD player available for check-out from the front desk
- Daily housekeeping with turndown service available by request
- Same-day laundry and dry cleaning available by request
- Room service daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Complimentary valet and self-parking
STRATA INTEGRATED WELLNESS SPA:
Housed within a new 31,000 square foot building within Garden of the Gods Resort and Club grounds, Strata is comprised of a 10,000 square foot medical center, a 10,000 square foot spa, and an 11,000 square foot event center for fitness and cooking demonstrations, lectures and more.
Strata takes a fully integrative approach to whole life health by applying evidence-based healthcare principles and practices with the latest advances in complementary medicine. Dr. Michael Barber MD, PhD, FACC, FHRS, FAHA spent more than 30 years practicing traditional medicine, and ultimately began integrating nontraditional therapies to achieve a proactive approach to healthcare, observing an almost immediate and improved success rate in his patients. As medical director at Strata, Barber is on the leading edge of integrative medicine with the belief that health and wellness are dependent upon an integration of all best medical practices. A board-certified internist, cardiologist and electrophysiologist, he leads the highly skilled and compassionate clinical team comprised of doctors and clinicians with training in cardiology, internal medicine, applied kinesiology, functional medicine, naturopathic medicine, functional neurology, holistic nutrition, energetic medicine, mindfulness and emotional health, physical fitness training, chiropractic and psychotherapy. The 20 plus doctors and clinicians at Strata empower clients to take a proactive approach to their own healthcare, obtain optimal health and live their lives to their fullest potential.
Strata’s interdisciplinary approach to Western and Eastern medicine requires collaboration amongst its clinical team to determine the optimal treatment protocol for the patient. Although Western and Eastern therapies have very different approaches, they share similar goals of easing pain, improving function and healing the patient of specific ailments. Patients tend to realize the most benefit from their health treatment when they have a variety of therapies available to them. Combining both Western and Eastern medical techniques is often the optimal solution for recovering from and avoiding a number of illnesses and diseases.
Through a personalized process, Strata provides tailored programs for the individual, including structural disorders, stress management, health concerns, weight loss, cardiovascular disease and more. Unique services, therapies and treatments include: high dose vitamins, minerals and antioxidants through IV Nutritional Therapy; acupuncture to promote and restore the balance of energy; healing touch, a medical technique of biofield (energy field) therapy that facilitates healing and relaxation; guided meditation, to become conscious about unconscious thoughts and emotional patterns; the ‘Bod-Pod,’ a highly accurate body composition measurement system, providing an indicator of overall health by measuring and monitoring the efficacy of a patient’s nutrition and/or exercise program as it relates to body mass composition; and lastly, tinctures and teas, created by a doctor of naturopathy, and made from natural ingredients such as dandelions, peppermint and ginger, can be custom created to assist in curing a specific ailment.
Wellness Spa & Salon
Treatments at the spa dovetail with bespoke medical treatments, body assessments and holistic healing. The spa, a Biologique Recherche Expert Center, offers guests an extensive menu of highly personalized treatments; from premier massages and health-inspired body treatments to aesthetic services including body contouring and skin tightening treatments and regenerative facial therapies, all provided by a highly skilled therapeutic team known for their passion, compassion and expertise. The spa features nine treatment rooms, including a couple’s suite with a private shower; a therapy room featuring an Austrian weightless environment bed; a salt inhalation room for halotherapy with infrared deep heat therapy to assist with stress management and detoxification; an herbal sauna; and experiential showers.
Recognized internationally, Spa Director Rebecca Johnston – an award-winning esthetician, one of four inaugural Biologique Recherche American Ambassadors, certified in holistic esthetics and advanced lymphology – combines an extensive knowledge of esthetics with an understanding of epigenetic issues that impact aging and health. The facial therapies at Strata have been designed by Rebecca to deliver unsurpassed results and assist clients in their quest for a healthy and ageless life. She has personally trained each esthetician at Strata to deliver world-class facials. Through her leadership, the majority of service providers, concierges and front desk personnel have undergone 52 hours of certification training with Wellness for Cancer, a nonprofit created to facilitate self-care and better lifestyle choices for individuals who have been affected by cancer. Each team member is trained to facilitate oncology awareness as it relates to spa treatments and personalize each service accordingly, depending on the client’s course of treatment.
The personalized Strata experience includes massages, body treatments, facials and salon services that feature products from around the world known for their treatment efficacy. Ranging from organic goat’s milk butter and essential oils to herbal poultice and seaweed harvested from the coast of Brittany, each product is carefully selected. Facial therapies use the singularly effective Biologique Recherche protocols, widely acknowledged to be among the best in the world.
Executive Wellness Program
Strata’s Executive Wellness Program (EWP) offers busy professionals a way to maximize their performance and reach optimal health and well–being. Through this program, executives are empowered to take charge of their health and undergo a transformative experience to reach a higher level of function (physical and mental), have fewer health issues and boast increased productivity.
- The EWP provides the executive and his or her organization the tools needed to achieve and maintain optimal mental and physical health within an environment utilizing a comprehensive approach where a leader can create balance and have all of their needs – wellness, emotional, spiritual, professional – addressed.
- All programs developed in the EWP feature a personalized and precise approach.
- Through its leadership partnerships, the EWP has a module to maximize the professional’s well-being journey. Executive coaching is built into the program to help the professional identify key health and wellness goals.
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is proud of its rich sporting traditions. Today, that original vision of a retreat where guests can relax with loved ones while practicing sport among unparalleled natural beauty still lives on.
- Golf: The resort is home to the 27-hole championship Kissing Camels Golf Course, as well as a driving range, practice greens and award-winning pro shop. The course features 7,000 yards per 18 holes and was the former host of the Senior Women’s Amateur Tournament and offers adult and junior golf programs led by PGA professionals, tournaments and events.
- Tennis: Pro, and former hitting partner with John McEnroe, Scott Leifer directs the resort’s tennis program at the two outdoor and four new, state-of-the-art indoor courts. Offerings include adult tennis programs, junior tennis programs, pickleball programs and professional tennis lessons.
- Swimming: The resort is home to a collection of three pools and two hot tubs, including an adults-only heated infinity pool overlooking the Garden of the Gods Park and Pikes Peak and others that are family friendly along with a splash garden.
- Fitness Center: A state-of-the-art fitness center provides guests with equipment from Matrix, alongside a variety of classes and training options.
- Kids Club: A year-round Kids Club, offered Monday through Friday, and a robust summer camp schedule provides interactive, athletic and educational activities for children ranging from ages four to 18-years-old. With a low staff-to-child ratio of 1:6, the Kids Club allows parents to drop their kids off for daily programs, weekly summer camps or nightly hourly periods, while they enjoy some kid-free time.
- Annual Events: Because tradition plays a large role at the resort, there are a variety of annual events that resort guests are welcome to enjoy. Highlights include the Easter Egg Dye and Hunt, Summer Family Pool Party, outdoor movie nights throughout the warm months, Pumpkin Carving and multiple Christmas activities, such as Breakfast with Santa.
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club, under the guidance of seasoned Vice President of Restaurants, Bars and Events, Daniel Daughtry and recently named Executive Chef, Thomas Hartwell, offers a variety of locally sourced, farm-to-table dining options to suit differing dietary needs and desires. Chef Thomas brings a distinguished and celebrated career to the property, wholly committed to the hospitality industry. Passionately devoted to the culinary arts, his decades of culinary experience span the globe with chef assignments from the Caribbean and the United States – particularly, the prized Napa wine and food region – to the islands of Micronesia. Chef Thomas has collaborated with some of the industry’s top culinary leaders, serving tenure at several of the finest hotel and restaurant companies in the world, such as Chef Morimoto, The Ritz–Carlton, The Meritage Resort & Spa, Gateway Canyons Resort, ZuZu Napa, and most recently, Edgewood Tahoe Resort.
- Grand View Dining Room: Featuring floor to ceiling windows that overlook the stunning Garden of the Gods red rock formations, and framed by the towering Pikes Peak, the Grand View Dining Room provides guests with extraordinary flavors and culinary artistry along with personable, attentive service. Offering an exclusive fine dining experience, it is one of the best private restaurants in Colorado Springs, providing the perfect place to celebrate special moments, entertain clients and enjoy time with family and friends. Grand View is open daily for breakfast and lunch, served from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and Tuesday through Saturday for dinner, served from 6–9 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
- The Rocks Bar & Lounge: Guests are invited to enjoy similarly stunning views of Garden of the Gods Park to those offered in the Grand View Dining Room, but in a more casual setting. The Rocks Bar & Lounge is a popular spot to mingle and sip on craft cocktails made with fresh ingredients and local spirits alongside delicious fare. Open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., the Rocks Bar & Lounge features has food service available from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; the dining room is also open daily and serves lunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and dinner from 2:30–10 p.m.
- Kissing Camels Grille: Overlooking Garden of the Gods’ 27-hole championship Kissing Camels golf course, the Kissing Camels Grille is an ideal location for afternoon dining, happy hour and dinner. Diners will enjoy watching golfers on the beautiful greens. Every Monday through Friday from 3-5 p.m., guests are invited to happy hour. During the summer (May 15-October 1), Kissing Camels Grille is open daily, serving diners from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday and Monday, and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. During the winter (October 15-April 28), Kissing Camels Grille is open Thursday through Monday, serving diners from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Beach & Cable Barista: Located within the Gateway Building which houses Strata Integrated Wellness Spa, Beach & Cable Barista proudly serves Starbucks Coffee, while an in-house bakery creates a variety of morning pastry favorites made fresh daily, such as bacon cheddar scones, muffins, gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin bread and more. The venue also serves a variety of salads, sandwiches and wraps. Beach & Cable Barista is open daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In–Room Dining: Guests can enjoy a variety of dishes in the comfort of their own guestrooms, and dine in front of their fireplace, or on their patio and enjoy the beautiful views of Garden of the Gods. In-room dining is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
MEETINGS & GROUPS:
Garden of the Gods Resort and Club boasts more than 12,000 square feet of some of the state’s most beautiful meeting and event spaces. To complement events up to 250 guests, the resort provides gourmet catering services, state-of-the-art AV equipment and ample parking.
- Indoor space consisting of seven flexible function rooms, measuring a total of more than 12,000 square feet, with 14 different configurations.
- Outdoor space consisting of four terraces, measuring a total of more than 10,000 square feet.
In addition to providing beautiful meeting spaces and state of the art amenities, Garden of the Gods Resort and Club offers groups a variety of experiential packages designed to spark creativity and foster team building. Examples include a guided hike up ‘The Incline,’ a well-known attraction found in nearby Manitou Springs that includes more than 2,700 steps made of railroad ties and rises over 2,000 feet in elevation in less than one mile, and a rock climbing course for beginners, guided by seasoned professionals from Front Range Climbing Co.
A popular venue for destination weddings, Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is known for its majestic Rocky Mountain backdrop and iconic park vistas. Garden of the Gods Resort and Club’s dedicated wedding team will help brides and grooms customize their special day, creating special dining menus, wedding party spa outings, tee times, a beautiful bridal suite and more. The resort’s collection of indoor and outdoor event spaces is all beautifully designed, and most showcase stunning views of Garden of the Gods Park and Pikes Peak.
The red rock sandstone formations set against Pikes Peak, now called Garden of the Gods, have long been revered for their natural beauty. Long ago, it served as a Native American crossroads where numerous nomadic tribes gathered in peace. According to local stories, the immense sandstone formations were considered sacred ground, and because of this, rival tribes laid down their weapons when entering the Garden of the Gods.
The view has always been magnificent, and in the mid-20th century, Texan tastemakers Al and Margaret Hill dreamed of sharing that view with others by creating what is now the nationally renowned Garden of the Gods Resort and Club. The Hills purchased the property in 1949, and shortly thereafter, built a private club, luxury resort and residential community that showcased man-made elegance in an unparalleled natural setting. The club quickly became an exclusive retreat for the Hollywood elite, captains of industry, and political and literary luminaries.
In 2007, Sunrise Company purchased the property from Hill Development and the Hill family. However, in 2013, local ownership returned when business leaders and longtime Garden of the Gods Club members Brenda Smith, an accounting executive, and healthcare executive Judy Mackey, acquired the high-profile resort and renamed it Garden of the Gods Resort and Club. It is through Smith and Mackey’s vision that the new Strata Integrated Wellness Spa was created.
About Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
Perched atop a mesa in Colorado Springs, the AAA Four-Diamond Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is the premier retreat in the Rocky Mountain West that offers a world-class resort and wellness experience. Set among expansive vistas of the snow-capped Pikes Peak and awe-inspiring National Natural Landmark of the same name, Garden of the Gods Resort and Club boasts a legendary history, having played host to some of America’s most beloved characters such as Walt Disney, Gene Autry and John Wayne. Today, the same beautiful setting beckons travelers worldwide to undergo a personalized journey of restoration and renewal with its thoughtful spa treatments and integrative medical practices at Strata Integrated Wellness Spa. Here, a team of acclaimed, board-certified physicians and award-winning therapists integrate the best of Western and Eastern medical science with nutrition, fitness, meditation and mindfulness coaching to provide guests with a fresh perspective, greater level of wellness and a renewed sense of possibility. Guests will also enjoy luxurious accommodations in its 116 rooms and suites within its hotel, Cottages and Casitas, including one– to three–bedroom suites, many of which feature private patios with stunning views of Garden of the Gods Park. Activities include golfing at its 27-hole championship course; tennis on two outdoor, and four state-of-the-art indoor courts; three outdoor swimming pools and an array of dining experiences. For more information, call (800) 923-8838, visit www.gardenofthegodsclub.com, or follow @GardenoftheGodsResortandClub on Facebook, and @GGResortandClub on Instagram and Pinterest.
About Strata Integrated Wellness Spa at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
Drawing upon Colorado Springs’ legacy as a century-old wellness destination and the indigenous red rock formations of its namesake, Strata Integrated Wellness Spa at Garden of the Gods Resort and Club is a destination for holistic well–being that is multilayered and all-encompassing. Here, medical director Michael Barber, MD, PhD, FACC, FHRS, FAHA leads board-certified physicians and an award-winning team of therapists – comprised of a cardiologist and internist; kinesiologist; naturopath; nutritionist; energetic practitioner and physical trainer – to offer clients a dynamic combination of advanced clinical practices, naturopathy, nutrition, fitness and other wellness services. Featuring nine treatment rooms, an Austrian weightless environment bed, a salt inhalation room for halotherapy and an herbal sauna, the spa is directed by award-winning esthetician, Biologique Recherche ambassador and advanced lymphologist Rebecca Johnston and aims to restore balance for mind, body and spirit while dovetailing with medical treatments. Through personalized processes and tailored wellness programs, clients are empowered to obtain optimal health and approach their lives at the fullest potential, taking physical, emotional, intellectual, social, environmental and spiritual health into consideration. Refreshing and restorative by design, Strata offers experience-driven wellness with long-lasting and life-affirming benefits. Housed within a 30,000 square foot building, Strata is comprised of a 10,000 square foot medical center, 10,000 square foot spa and an 11,000 square foot event center for fitness and cooking demonstrations, didactic lectures and more. For more information, call (719) 428-2202 or visit strataiws.com.
###Follow and Share with Jetsettersblog.