Leading walking holidays tour operator HF Holidays is excited to announce a range of UK Guided Day Walks for walkers to join from 12 April, in line with the next phase of the government’s roadmap out of lockdown.
HF Holidays 17 UK country houses remain closed for overnight stays until 17 May, however, outdoor activities such as walking in a small group will soon be permitted, so for a short period of time in April and May HF Holidays will be offering 46 different Guided Day Walks from 16 of their UK country houses, offering a choice of different grade walks from gentle right up to challenging, and led by an experienced walk leader.
The new range of small group Day Walks has been designed to appeal to walkers of all abilities and countryside enthusiasts and perfect for solos, couples, friends, as well as families. They are a superb way of exploring the countryside while HF Holidays wait to be able to operate their standard walking holidays again.
There is a wide range of walks on offer, from classic challenges such as climbing Catbells in the Lake District or Cadair Idris in Snowdonia, to good days out on the South West Coast Path or Pennine Way, and gentle strolls in Shropshire’s Carding Mill Valley or between the Slaughters in the Cotswolds. There are mountain climbs, moorland rambles and coastal walks, all of which start and end at an HF Holidays country house throughout England and Wales.
Partnering with Eventbrite, the guided Day Walks can be booked easily online. Guests simply choose a walk at their desired location on the date of their choice, register and reserve their place. There is no membership requirement or hidden fees. Walks will run with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 14 guests plus the relevant amount of HF Holidays walking leaders (depending on group ratio). Prices start from £17.50 per person. Free parking is provided at all country houses (apart from Lulworth).
HF Holidays has ensured every possible measure has been made to ensure Day Walking groups are COVID-safe and will follow the British Mountaineering Council’s guidance for groups of hill walkers, as well as the government guidelines concerning social distancing.
Rachel Ashburner, Head of Product at HF Holidays, commented about the new Day Walks, “We are really excited to be able to launch this new opportunity of guided day walks from our country houses and invite walkers to join us on 100 days of walks of iconic routes and some lesser-known gems that are off the beaten track and an utter delight to discover. All our walks are led by our fantastic local volunteer walking leaders who can’t wait to get back to the great outdoors! With a huge variety of different routes and levels this is a fun way to re-engage with our members, guests and new walkers whatever their experience and post lockdown fitness levels! We will re-open our country house hotels in May but until then we will enjoy walking day by day.”
Along with many other UK holiday companies, HF Holidays have experienced an increasing appetite for their walking holidays and staycations for 2021, with significant growth of 50% in their Trails & Island-Hopping holidays, which has inspired an additional seven new destinations to an already vast collection. Also popular is their Guided Walking and Self-Guided Walking holidays.
In anticipation of further demand, HF Holidays have worked hard to ensure all 2022 holidays for the UK, Europe and further afield, are available for guests and members to book online now.
For full details and to book a HF Holidays UK Guided Day Walks visit hfholidays/daywalks Terms & Conditions apply.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE WITH HF HOLIDAYS
As an award-winning Tour Operator with over 100 years’ experience, HF Holidays understand the importance of trust and assurance for guests when making any booking or travel arrangement. Guests can book with confidence with the knowledge that their money is protected, as all HF Holidays’ trips without flights are protected by ABTOT, and by ATOL for holidays with flights.
HF Holidays ensure guests have peace of mind when booking a holiday and have introduced these additional measures:
- Guests can transfer or defer a UK holiday for FREE, up to 14 days before departure
- If HF Holidays cancel a holiday, guests can transfer for free or request a refund
- Bookings are fully protected: all our holidays benefit from ATOL or ABTOT bonding
- All UK houses received ‘We’re Good to Go’ certification from Visit England & Visit Scotland
- HF Holidays only work with partners who are ‘Covid-compliant’
- Will only travel to FCDO ‘Covid-safe’ destinations
This assurance, as well as their Best Price Guarantee and 24/7 support and emergency contact service, is why members and guests continue to feel safe and secure when travelling with HF Holidays. This is ever evident in accolades such as the FEEFO Platinum award, which was retained for a second year in 2021 and the WHICH recommended provider award, of which HF Holidays has been recognised for the last 3 years.
For HF Holidays full Book in Confidence policy visit: hfholidays/bookinconfidence
For latest offers and details on all holidays visit: https://www.hfholidays.co.uk/
- All prices correct at time of going to press
- Founded in 1913, HF Holidays is the largest UK travel Co-operative Society.
- HF Holidays has 17 country houses in the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, all tailor-made for outdoor pursuits, with Boot and Drying Rooms, as well as Discovery Points with mapped routes, guidebooks, and local walks directions for independent walkers to use.
- Sociability is at the heart of every HF Holiday.
- Most HF walking holidays are led by a team of volunteer leaders
- HF holidays are ideal for solo travellers, couples, or small groups.
- Families have an exclusive programme of holidays available, during the school holidays.
- Larger groups (8 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings.
- Guests do not need to be a member of the HF Holidays Co-operative in order to join their holidays; all are welcome.
- HF Holidays are suitable for all fit and active adults including solo travellers, couples or small groups. There are also some dedicated UK holidays for families with children. Guests travel as part of larger group, making them a great way to meet and socialise with new people. Larger groups (8 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings
- The HF Holidays Pathways Fund provides assisted holidays to those who could not otherwise afford one. In addition, since 1998, the fund has helped to protect and improve the countryside where HF Holidays’ guests walk. This is achieved through generous donations from HF Holidays’ members and guests.
- HF Holidays has a host of accolades under its belt including: British Travel Awards Silver Small Best Special Interest Holiday Company 2020, Which? Recommended Provider for Escorted Tours 2020, Silver Travel Awards Best Activity Tour Operator 2020, AWTE Company of the Year 2019, Feefo Platinum Service Award in 2019, 2020 & 2021, Staycation Award for Family Friendly Venue 2019, Telegraph Travel Awards Runner Up 2019, Which? Recommended Provider status for 2012 – 2019; voted Best Large Tour Operator by Guardian and Observer readers 2010-2014; and Best Large Short Break Operator 2011-2014.
- HF Holidays is committed to responsible tourism and is a member of ABTOT and ATOL protected.
- Follow @hfholidays on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram