THE VERY BEST OF THE NORTH IRISH COASTLINE OFTEN CITED AS THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD.
HF Holidays are pleased to announce the launch of a brand-new destination and trail to their UK collection of walking and activity holidays. This latest addition is a 7-night walking break to the Causeway Coast, home to the geological masterpiece of Giant’s Causeway. Guests can enjoy the very best walks to discover the wealth of wildlife and wilderness on this stunning coastline.
Flanked by the wild Atlantic Ocean and lush green glens and valleys, the Causeway Coast gives walkers a taste of the very best of the North Irish coastline and passes some of the biggest tourist attractions in Northern Ireland. These include the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Rathlin Island.
Handpicked walks have been carefully considered to take in the geological wonder and world-famous UNESCO site of Giant’s Causeway and provide plenty of time to explore the towering basalt columns (the tallest is 12m high and there are approx. 40,000 of these impressive hexagonal columns in total). One of the best walks in Northern Ireland which leads on to the clifftop ruins of Dunseverick Castle.
The wildlife and views this trail provide are breath-taking, especially on Rathlin Island. This is the northernmost point of the Antrim Coast and Glens Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and home to tens of thousands of seabirds including guillemots, kittiwakes, puffins and razorbills. Stunning walking with free time built in to enjoy the many activities on offer such as the RSPB centre or the lighthouse, take a bus tour of the island, or simply take the ferry back to Ballycastle and relax at the hotel.
Unlike other holiday providers operating this trail, HF Holidays offer a guided experience on a full board basis, as well as an additional night’s stay in Belfast, with a tour of the city with a local guide.
NEW Best of The Causeway Coast Guided Trail Holiday
- Discover the stories and histories of Belfast with a local guide (Titanic Museum optional)
- Explore the towering basalt columns of Giants Causeway UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Snap shots of wildlife on beautiful Rathlin island
- The Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge (if you dare!)
- A fantastic finale with splendid views from the summit of Carnanmore
- INCLUDES: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 evening meals, en-suite accommodation in the seaside town of Ballycastle, guided walks each day, experienced HF Holidays Walking Leader, all transport to and from the walks, return group transfer to Belfast, A return flight from London is included in the “with-flight” price
Prices from: £1,159pp / Nights: 7 / Walking Grade: 2
Departures: 25 Sep, 9 Oct 2021 / Jun & Sep 2022
For full details visit: hfholidays/causeway
FOR MORE ON UK TRAILS AND ISLAND HOPPING HOLIDAYS VISIT: hfholidays/trails
- Founded in 1913, HF Holidays is the largest UK travel Co-operative Society.
- HF Holidays has 18 country houses in the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty as well as independent hotels for overseas holidays.
- Sociability is at the heart of every HF Holiday.
- Most HF walking holidays are led by a team of volunteer leaders
- HF holidays are ideal for solo travellers, couples, or small groups.
- Families have an exclusive programme of holidays available, during the school holidays.
- Larger groups (8 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings.
- Guests do not need to be a member of the HF Holidays Co-operative in order to join their holidays; all are welcome. There is a non-member fee of £20 per person.
- HF Holidays are suitable for all fit and active adults including solo travellers, couples, or small groups. There are also some dedicated UK holidays for families with children. Guests travel as part of larger group, making them a great way to meet and socialise with new people.
- Larger groups (8 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings
- The HF Holidays Pathways Fund provides assisted holidays to those who could not otherwise afford one. In addition, since 1998, the fund has helped to protect and improve the countryside where HF Holidays’ guests walk. This is achieved through generous donations from HF Holidays’ members and guests.
- HF Holidays has a host of accolades under its belt including: Staycation Award for Family Friendly Venue 2019, Which? Recommended Provider for Escorted Tours 2019, Silver Travel Awards Best Activity Tour Operator 2019, Telegraph Travel Awards Runner Up 2019, Feefo Gold Service Award in 2019, Which? Recommended Provider status for 2012 – 2019; voted Best Large Tour Operator by Guardian and Observer readers 2010-2014; and Best Large Short Break Operator 2011-2014.
- HF Holidays is committed to responsible tourism and is a member of ABTOT and ATOL protected.
- Follow @hfholidays on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram