LATEST EDITION PROVIDES OVERSEAS DATES FOR 2023, BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS, GREAT FAMILY & FRIEND GROUP GETAWAY IDEAS AND FANTASTIC EARLY BOOKING OFFERS.
Leading walking holidays tour operator HF Holidays has launched its latest edition of their exciting new Walking & Activity holidays for 2022-23 featuring all of their 2022 UK holidays, European holidays up to spring 2023 and Worldwide holidays in 2022 and 2023.
There are several new trips and destinations, as well as an increased Trails & Island-Hopping collection for UK and Europe. Trails and Island-Hopping have soared over the last year with walkers craving a new challenge and different ways to explore undiscovered archipelagos and corners of Britain and beyond; new additions include Ireland’s Causeway and Sweden’s Gotaleden Trail.
New overseas destinations and itineraries include Norway ‘Home of Giants’ and Slovakia’s ‘Summits and Tarns’ holidays, as well as a brand-new itinerary for their Guided Walking holiday to New Zealand; ready for when long haul travel opens up.
The ever-popular Family Adventures offer availability during school holidays from £399 per adult based on a 3-night stay, and up to 3 children under 11 years of age free of charge. 3, 4 and 7 night stays are available in 6 UK locations; all provide a choice of walking for all levels, activities and family friendly facilities on a full board basis. European family holidays are also available in Stubai Alps, Austria from July 2022.
Also featured are HF’s Group Holidays and savings for groups over 10 people. Group bookings attract many overseas parties and not just for walking clubs but groups of family and friends coming together for celebrations or a get-together. These are proving popular post Covid-19 for reunions and offer fantastic group discounts and benefits. See Groups Guide for 2022/23.
Overall, this latest release provides more choice and fantastic travel options for 2022 and 2023. HF Holidays’ Book with Confidence assurance with the much-needed flexibility and protection enables them to continue to offer guests great value and memorable walking and outdoor experiences and start planning their next holiday now. Take a look below for further detail on what’s new!
Request or download a copy of the new brochure: hfholidays.co.uk/brochure
TRAILS & ISLAND HOPPING
All holidays are on a full board basis and include an HF Holidays Walking Leader or Local Guide, transport and luggage transfers (as indicated) and made up of small group sizes: maximum 16.
NEW- BEST OF THE CAUSEWAY COAST GUIDED TRAIL HOLIDAY
HF OVERVIEW: A great itinerary designed to include all the geological wonder and iconic sites this coast has to offer; such as the UNESCO world heritage Giant’s Causeway, Rathlin Island and the summit of Carnanmore, plus an added night in Belfast with city tour and all meals included.
INCLUDES: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 evening meals, en-suite accommodation in the seaside town of Ballycastle, guided walks each day, experienced HF Holidays Walking Leader, all transport to and from the walks, return group transfer to Belfast, A return flight from London is included in the “with-flight” price
Prices from: £1,219pp with flights / Nights: 7 / Walking Grade 2:
Departures: 11 Jun, 10 & 24 Sep 2022
For full details visit: hfholidays/causeway
NEW: A SHROPSHIRE WAY GUIDED TRAIL HOLIDAY
HF OVERVIEW: Designed to explore the length and breadth of the Shropshire Hills AONB this new linear route of the Shropshire visits all the highest points in the Shropshire Hills with great viewpoints and summits, discovering the region’s geology and history along the way.
INCLUDES: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 evening meals, en-suite accommodation at HF Holidays country property, Longmynd Hall, guided walks each walking day, experienced HF Holidays Walking Leader, all transport to and from the walks.
Prices from: £999pp / Nights: 7 / Walking Grade 3:
Departures: May, Aug & September 2022
For full details visit: hfholidays/aShropshireWay
NEW – SWEDEN’S GOTALEDEN TRAIL
HF OVERVIEW: A superbly crafted walking break, capturing the wilderness and nature of West Sweden and the vibrancy of Gothenburg city, with inspiring sustainability, all in one long weekend!
INCLUDES: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 evening meals, Experienced English-speaking local guide, All transport to and from the walks, Luggage Transfer, Group transfer to/from Gothenburg airport, walking tour of Gothenburg with local guide.
Prices from: £1,325pp with flights / Nights: 4 / Walking Grade 3:
Departures: 21 Apr, 12 May and 8 & 29 Sep 2022
For full details visit hfholidays.co.uk/gotaleden
EUROPE & WORLDWIDE GUIDED WALKING HOLIDAYS
European holidays offer a choice of two walking options each walking day and the expertise of an HF Holidays leader. Small group walking, all transport to and from walks on a half board basis.
NEW – WALKING IN ‘NORWAY’S HOME OF GIANTS’
HF OVERVIEW: An adventure-filled journey through Jottunheim National Park and its varied landscapes and vast panoramic views as routes traverse the wild landscapes on a network of trails.
INCLUDES: including full board en-suite accommodation, a full programme of walks (1 each walking day) with luggage transfer, all transport to and from the walks, Group transfer to and from Craignure ferry terminal.
Prices from: £1999pp with flights / 7 nights / Walking Grade: 2 & 5
Departures in May, June & September 2021
For full details visit hfholidays.co.uk/norway
NEW – WALKING ‘SUMMITS & TARNS OF SLOVAKIA’
HF OVERVIEW: Voted No.1 Destination to visit on Lonely Planet’s ‘Best in Europe’ list, the High Tatras in Slovakia not only offer mountain hiking adventures but also the perfect setting to rebalance and recalibrate wellbeing. This new trip takes guests on a discovery of unspoiled and uncrowded routes with impressive peaks, through three national parks and wonderful local traditions.
INCLUDES: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches (packed lunch), 7 evening meals (1 Evening Goral picnic dinner & 1 Traditional local restaurant), Experienced English-speaking local guide, All transport to and from the walks, Luggage Transfer, Group transfer to/from Krakow airport, choice of two walks each walking day, Wooden rafting experience.
Prices from: £1,149pp with flights / Nights: 4 / Walking Grade 3:
Departures: 8 in total through July and Aug 2022
For full details visit hfholidays.co.uk/slovakia
HIDDEN GEMS & ICONIC LANDMARKS OF NEW ZEALAND– GUIDED WALKING HOLIDAY
HF OVERVIEW: Great new itinerary focussed on the ‘must-see’ parts of this diverse and awesome country. 21 nights from Auckland on the North Island down to Milford Sound in the South Island; great walking, breath-taking scenery and the warmth of true ‘Kiwi’ hospitality.
- Experience Rotorua Traditional Maori village and ‘Hangi’ meal
- Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland reserve – hot springs and geysers
- Walk in Jurassic-like Whirinaki Rainforest and visit Huka Falls at Lake Taupo
- Explore Abel Tasman National Park and hike beautiful coastal paths
- Discover Mount Cook National Park on foot and take-in stunning glaciers and 3000m peaks
- Milford Sound boat cruise and hike a section of the Routeburn Track
- Experience Queenstown’s energy and adventure & Lake Wakatipu
INCLUDES: 21 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 13 evening meals, , A full programme of guided walks and excursions led by Local Guides, All transport to and from the walks, Luggage Transfer, All national park fees, All transport and internal flights during tour (tour ends in Queenstown)
Prices from: £6999pp with flights / Nights: 21 / Walking Grade 2:
Departures: 20 Oct & 17 Nov 2022
For full details visit: hfholidays.co.uk/newzealand
GREAT EARLY BIRD BOOKING OFFERS – BOOK BY 1 NOVEMBER 2021
- SAVE UP TO £100 PER PERSON*
On selected 7-night Guided Walking holidays at HF Holidays’ UK country houses
- UNDER 11s GO FREE
On UK walking Family Adventures
- SAVE UP TO £90 PER PERSON
On selected 7-night Self-Guided Walking holidays at HF Holidays’ UK country houses
- SAVE UP TO £250 PER PERSON*
On selected Worldwide holidays on selected destinations – see brochure or website for details.
- SAVE UP TO £150 PER PERSON*
On selected European holidays on selected destinations – see brochure or website for details
For full terms and conditions please visit our website hfholidays.co.uk/terms.
- All prices correct at time of going to press
- Founded in 1913, HF Holidays is the largest UK travel Co-operative Society.
- HF Holidays has 17 country houses in the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, all tailor-made for outdoor pursuits, with Boot and Drying Rooms, as well as Discovery Points with mapped routes, guidebooks, and local walks directions for independent walkers to use.
- Sociability is at the heart of every HF Holiday.
- Most HF walking holidays are led by a team of volunteer leaders
- HF holidays are ideal for solo travellers, couples, or small groups.
- Families have an exclusive programme of holidays available, during the school holidays.
- Guests do not need to be a member of the HF Holidays Co-operative in order to join their holidays; all are welcome.
- HF Holidays are suitable for all fit and active adults including solo travellers, couples or small groups. There are also some dedicated UK holidays for families with children. Guests travel as part of larger group, making them a great way to meet and socialise with new people. Larger groups (10 or more people) such as groups of friends, large family groups, members of clubs /societies can enjoy special savings
- The HF Holidays Pathways Fund provides assisted holidays to those who could not otherwise afford one. In addition, since 1998, the fund has helped to protect and improve the countryside where HF Holidays’ guests walk. This is achieved through generous donations from HF Holidays’ members and guests.
- HF Holidays has a host of accolades under its belt including: Which? Recommended Provider for Escorted Tours for 4 consecutive years 2017 – 2021, Silver Travel Awards Best Activity Tour Operator 2018-2021, British Travel Awards Silver Small Best Special Interest Holiday Company 2020, AWTE Company of the Year 2019, Feefo Platinum Service Award in 2019, 2020 & 2021, Which? Recommended Provider status for 2018 – 2020; Staycation Award for Family Friendly Venue 2019, Telegraph Travel Awards Runner Up 2019, voted Best Large Tour Operator by Guardian and Observer readers 2010-2014; and Best Large Short Break Operator 2011-2014.
- HF Holidays is committed to responsible tourism and is a member of ABTOT and ATOL protected.
- Follow @hfholidays on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram