Hit the beach, make a splash and jam out on South Padre Island this Spring Break
South Padre Island, recently named one of the 10 Best Places in Texas to visit on Spring Break, welcomes visitors to the island for a week of shoreline events, live music and plenty of fun!
South Padre Island, Texas– Recently named one of the 10 Best Places in Texas to visit on Spring Break, South Padre Island’s white, sandy shoreline and emerald green waters invites visitors of all ages to experience the island vacation vibe. From water sports galore on the beach and bayside, to fishing and outdoor activities, to live music events with national headliners, South Padre Island knows how to bring the heat for college students and families alike.
“We’re honored to be named one of the 10 Best Places in Texas to Visit on Spring Break” said South Padre Island Convention and Visitors Bureau Director Keith Arnold. “Our miles of white beaches are enhanced during the spring season with a variety of offerings in wind and water sports, local dining, live music venues and affordable lodging to make for the ideal Spring Break spot for both college students and families.”
Spring break is the time to kick-back and relax (or, get active on the beach!). Here’s a taste of whatcollege students can expect on the island this spring break:
· Catch a wave! Water sports galore – Take to the waters of South Padre Island, a top five U.S. kiteboarding and windsurfing destination and an excellent practice ground for beginner surfers. For a different view of the island, go parasailing and get a bird’s eye view of all the shoreline fun. Or, jet ski in the bay for a thrilling adrenaline rush.
· UME 2018 – The 8th annual event will feature headliners Alesso and Diplo, and takes place indoors at Clayton’s. Book your spot today to jam out to a variety of influential DJ’s, just steps away from drinks, snacks and the shoreline.
· Beach Bash Music Fest – The biggest daytime party in the U.S., Beach Bash Music Fest boasts seven straight hours of music and fun; this year’s performances include music and performances by Cardi B, Deorro, The Fat Jew, Steve Aoki, Lil-Uzivert, Lil Pump and Carnage.
· Famous Island Booze Cruise – Set sail on a triple decker party ship every Monday in March from noon to 2 p.m. This event is BYOB and guests must be 21 years of age older to attend.
· Clayton’s Spring Break Beach Stage –Celebrating its 8th anniversary in 2018, Clayton’s Spring Break Beach Stage is a spring break staple on the island, and has evolved into the largest, free daytime event on the island during the month of March. Headliners this year include Gucci Mane and Post Malone.
There’s plenty of activities for families looking to getaway this spring break, as well. Take a look at what the island has in store for family-friendly experiences:
· Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Beach Resort – One of South Padre Island’s biggest attractions, Schlitterbahn Waterparks are considered the best water parks in the country with two water parks in one! The outdoor water park is nestled right next to the beach with its own inland surfing attraction, uphill water coasters, and more fun than should be allowed.
· Be one with nature. The island is a habitat for the endangered Kemp’s Ridley species. Visitors can get an up-close look at these creatures at Sea Turtle, Inc., an educational, rehabilitation and rescue facility on the island. Also, the South Padre Island Birding and Nature Center, situated along the wetlands of the Laguna Madre Bay, features exhibits on the Island’s birds and other natural features, along with a five-story viewing tower, viewing blinds, and boardwalk nature trails.
· Catch a cruise with the Black Dragon – All cruises include a crew of five pirates entertaining with pirate stories, face painting, treasure hunts, water pistol battles, sword fighting, booty, music and loads of family fun. Sunset cruises are also popular in the spring time.
· Hook a fish! Fishing enthusiasts can enjoy bay and deep sea fishing; Inshore or offshore, charter boats or kayaks, surf fishing or wading, you can get bowed up no matter what species you’re targeting.
For more information on Spring Break 2018 on South Padre Island, please visit sopadre.com or call 1-800-SOPADRE
With miles of white sand and clear emerald water, South Padre Island is Texas’ only tropical island paradise. Calm weather and more than 300 days of sunshine make South Padre Island a year-round destination offering a variety of nature tourism attractions, water sports and activities for the entire family. For more information visit www.sopadre.co