CHICAGO – The new Travel Illinois magazine titled “Hot Destinations” is now available online and in print, offering travel inspiration for visitors this spring and summer. From the tranquil oasis of Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, celebrating its 40th anniversary, to the stunning scenery of southern Illinois to urban adventures in Chicago neighborhoods, there are endless ways to enjoy Illinois. And this year Illinois celebrates its 200th birthday! The new magazine features Bicentennial events and attractions planned throughout the year.
The magazine highlights the best places to eat, stay and play across the state this summer. Here’s a taste of what you’ll find inside:
Chicago and Beyond: The North Shore
- Take a tour or meditate inside Bahá’í House of Worship, an architectural wonder
- Bike the Green Bay Trail between Winnetka and Highland Park
- Plan a family trip to the Kohl Children’s Museum in Glenview
Great Rivers Country: Quincy Area
- Sample local art, food and music at Q-Fest, June 22-23, in downtown Quincy
- Follow the Mississippi Valley Wine Trail including five scenic wineries
- Stay at Sprague’s Kinderhook Lodge southeast of Quincy, a quiet country escape
Land of Lincoln: Bloomington-Normal
- Experience the Illinois Shakespeare Festival, June 29-Aug. 11, at Ewing Cultural Center’s outdoor theater
- Shop at The Garlic Press, a longtime cookware shop that now also offers women’s fashions and one-of-a-kind gifts
- Tour the popular Destihl Restaurant & Brew Works, which serves beer crafted on site and food for sharing
Trails to Adventure: Carbondale-Marion
- Golf scenic southern Illinois courses, including Crab Orchard Golf Club, known for its lush fairways
- Hike towering rock formations at Giant City State Park in Makanda
- Escape to Pine Manor Estate, a luxury bed-and-breakfast between Giant City State Park and Shawnee National Forest
The “Hot Destinations” issue also includes a revealing interview with Chicago power couple, Bill and Giuliana Rancic, who share why they traded the West Coast for the Windy City and dish about their favorite places to eat, shop and sightsee.
Don’t want to leave your dog behind when you travel? Don’t worry. The new magazine’s story about “Dog-friendly Digs” shares the scoop on pet-friendly hotels in Chicago and beyond.
To download or order a free copy of Travel Illinois “Hot Destinations” visit EnjoyIllinois.com.
To download photos from the Enjoy Illinois media center visit https://images.enjoyillinois.com/