Almost entirely surrounded by land, bordered by Europe, Asia, and Africa, this inland ‘middle sea,’ the Mediterranean, offers a variety of cruising experiences beyond the sum of its varied parts.
Comprising not only the familiar Adriatic, Aegean, Balearic, Ionian, Ligurian and Tyrrhenian seas but also the lesser-known Alboran and Levantine Seas … and, providing access to the Red and Black Seas, it makes sense to explore the Mediterranean crossroads of civilisations with a local, familiar with the very best bays, beaches and historic ports, many inaccessible to large ships.
“Based in Marseille, France, PONANT has been sailing these waters for over thirty years. This is our backyard and the ideal luxury small-ship introduction to the Mediterranean in all her diversity and beauty. And now is the perfect time to consider these small-ship cruise options for the 2022 season, especially for those who saw their travel plans postponed in 2020 and 2021” advises Deb Corbett, PONANT General Manager Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific.
PONANT offers 58 Mediterranean departures in 2022.
Select from an extensive range of 58 departures and embarkation ports available between March and October 2022. This range of 7 to 14-night itineraries showcases a diversity of destinations – including many important UNESCO World Heritage sites – endowed with layers of civilisation reflected through history, art, music, architecture, language and boundless culinary temptations.
PONANT itineraries encompass Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Montenegro, Malta, Greece, Corsica, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Israel, Ukraine, Georgia … Deb Corbett expands on the options: “From Gibraltar to Athens, Venice to Corsica enjoy the many facets of the Mediterranean and nearby seas. Transit the ancient Straits of Messina, where mythical monsters preyed on passing mariners or squeeze through the historic narrows of the Corinth canal connecting the Adriatic and Aegean Seas. Moor in intimate bays such as in Hvar and the Cyclades islands; view the legendary volcanoes of Mt Etna and Stromboli; stroll the imposing walls of Dubrovnik, explore the glorious Byzantine city of Istanbul, or visit the diminutive mythological Greek island of Delos in the Cyclades archipelago, sanctuary to the god Apollo and birthplace of Artemis.”
“Nearby, explore the island of Mykonos with its waterfront cafes, restaurants and bars. Donkey-power transport and picturesque whitewashed windmills are backdrops to this modern iteration of Mediterranean lifestyle. Casual, relaxed and above all, stylish. All very PONANT.”
Whether it be observing active volcanoes or sipping Sicilian wine, marvelling at the extraordinary mosaics of Monreale or photographing the bronze horses in Piazza San Marco, select from
PONANT’s small ship intimate Mediterranean collection of voyages, confident that you will enjoy life on board and ashore discovering the multiple charms of the Mediterranean with a local.
Deb Corbett continues “Take advantage of current PONANT Bonus offers of up to 30% savings and an additional AU$800 per stateroom saving Welcome Offer for first-time PONANT guests. These offers are limited and will not last, so I suggest you plan and book now.”
A tempting selection of 2022 Mediterranean itineraries to whet the appetite:
NEW – Ancient Civilisations of Eastern Mediterranean
Aqaba to Valetta | 10 nights on board Le Bougainville or Le Bellot.
Departs 5 March and 9 April 2022.
EXCLUSIVE – Black Sea Odyssey
Istanbul to Istanbul | 12 nights on board Le Bougainville.
Departs 30 July 2022 – 1 departure only!
Island Hoping in the Mediterranean – Italian Coast, Malta & Sicily
Valetta to Nice | 7 nights on board Le Jacques Cartier.
Departs 5 and 18 May, 7 and 21 October 2022
The Heart of the Greek Islands
Athens to Athens | 7 nights on board Le Bougainville, Le Lyrial or Le Jacques-Cartier.
11 departures between June & September 2022
The Best of Croatia
Venice to Venice | 7 nights on board Le Lyrial or Le Jacques-Cartier.
18 departures between June & September 2022
Discover the complete range of 58 voyages sailing the Mediterranean with PONANT in 2022 here.
Why cruise in the Mediterranean with PONANT?
- PONANT represents France’s proud maritime tradition, with the youngest fleet of luxury and expedition ships in the world. Based in Marseille, the Mediterranean remains the heart of the company with this selection of voyages representing the very best of PONANT’s more than 30 years of small-ship cruising experience.
- Choice is important for travel timing flexibility so PONANT offers an extensive range of
58 Mediterranean voyages to offer a wide range of options.
- Because cruising does not mean just seeing the coastline and brushing the shores, PONANT offers another perspective, with a comprehensive programme of shore excursions to further enhance the voyage experience.
- By day, explore. Then return to the chic surroundings of your ship and relax on the sun deck or take a swim in the pool, sip a glass of champagne, wine or a cocktail, and contemplate whether to enjoy dinner inside or outside. When you awake your vista will have changed, perhaps revealing a secluded bay, accessed from the marina deck for a further day of exploration and discovery.
- The PONANT hallmark – French-inspired ambiance and decor, fine food and wines (Open Bar included, of course – conditions apply), intuitive service, indulgent pampering options and renowned design touches, epitomised in this collection of Mediterranean itineraries. All the while enjoying iconic French brands including Hermès toiletries in all suites and staterooms, Ladurée macaron treats, selections of Lenôtre freshly-baked pastries, fine Charles Heidsieck champagne, and, at additional cost, sublime pampering in the Sothys or Clarins spa rooms.
– Ends –
Book & Sail with Confidence with PONANT
- Book with Confidence: To ensure guests book their next voyage with complete confidence, they can take advantage of PONANT’s flexible SERENITY Policy, with softened booking and cancellation conditions that allow cancellation or postponement without charge. Conditions apply.
- Sail with Confidence: PONANT progressively resumed cruising during 2020, having completed over 60 cruises with a range of itineraries that included coastal France, the Mediterranean, Iceland and Norway. Learn more about PONANT’s 3-Shield Covid-safe pre-boarding and on board protocols here.
Information & Reservations
All PONANT voyages including pricing and shore excursion highlights available at au.ponant.com
Contact your preferred travel agent, or PONANT Consultants on 1300 737 178 (Australia) / 0800 767 018 (New Zealand), or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance and information.
Michael Corbett | PONANT Public Relations Manager Australia & New Zealand
(+61-2) 4360 1116 | (+61) 0417 469 228