South Devon’s multi award-winning holiday park, Cofton Holidays, has announced the introduction of 12 new luxury, cedar-clad lodges for 2020, each overlooking the panoramic glory of the Haldon Hills and Ashcombe Forest.
Carefully located in an elevated position to make the most of the dramatic Devon views, the lodges come with large decking areas, bubbling hot tubs and floor to ceiling windows that flood in natural light and breath-taking vistas.
Backed by mature woodland and surrounded by landscaped grounds with views as far as the eye can see, each lodge comes with VIP passes to Cofton’s heated indoor pool and gym, as well as access to the park’s on-site restaurant and enviable list of facilities, activities and experiences including free daily kids’ clubs throughout the school holidays and from Easter to the October half-term.
Just a woodland walk away from Dawlish Warren’s Blue Flag Beach and Wildlife Reserve, the Cofton Copse Lodge collection is Cofton Holidays’ premier accommodation, offering two and three bedroom lodges from £742 for a four-night break, £821 for a three-night break and £1,128 for a week break. https://www.coftonholidays.co.uk/luxury-lodges/ or call 01626 890111.
Each lodge comes with an open plan kitchen, living and dining area. With oodles of living-space to enjoy, the whole family can kick back and relax on the luxury furnishings, taking in the drama of the parkland and countryside, or the latest film on the wall-mounted flat screen TV, supported by fibre internet access and wireless speaker system.
Generously sized bedrooms come as standard, with super king-sized beds in the master en-suite rooms, and twin bedrooms that can be converted into doubles with ease thanks to zip and link beds.
In addition to the heated indoor pool with a splash pad area and hydrotherapy loungers, Cofton’s award-winning facilities include a steam room, sauna, fitness studio, gym, outdoor pools, restaurant, dog-friendly pub, soft play area, playground, sports wall, and much more.
Guests also have access to five coarse fishing lakes, miles of cycle paths and nature trails that take visitors through woodland to the golden sands of Dawlish Warren beach and nature reserve.
Other free activities on site include the Woodland Adventure Area which features a 25m zip line, a climbing cage, rope ladders, balance beam, balance lines and scramble nets.
Throughout the year, Cofton Holidays host a variety of events for both guests and day visitors, including:
- Country and Western Festival, May 2020 – Enjoy a bonanza of music and entertainment at Cofton’s annual Country and Western Festival
- The Classic American Car Show, 4th July 2020 – The South West’s largest American car show returns for the seventh year running. Mustangs, Cadillacs, Chevrolets, Pontiacs, Buicks, Jeeps and a host of other American vehicles will be on display at Cofton Holidays over the weekend. The event will be jam-packed full with competitions, V8s, a mega car cruise, music, food, fun and entertainment
- Cofton Cup Fishing Festival – Grab your rod and your bait because the Cofton Cup Fishing Festival will be returning to the park’s Mamhead Match Lake in 2020. Compete against other anglers over five days for the prestigious Cofton Cup
- Christmas comes to Cofton, December 2020 – Visit Santa in the Cofton Grotto over several weekends in December. Meet the man himself and pick up a special gift before the big day arrives. You’ll also be able to use the festive post box to send your Christmas letter direct to the North Pole.
For guests wanting to explore the local area, Devon has dozens of exciting events taking place in 2020, just a short distance away from Cofton Holidays:
- Exeter Festival of South West Food and Drink, 8th – 10th May 2020 – Held in Northernhay Gardens, the festival takes place over the early May Bank Holiday and promises a great day out to indulge in top-notch South West food and drink. This foodie fantasia includes cookery demonstrations from the region’s top chefs, workshops, over 100 stalls and live music
- Piggies and Prosecco at Pennywell Farm, 30th May 2020 – This is the ultimate experience for miniature pig lovers. Enjoy a special evening at the nearby Pennywell Farm with the world famous Pennywell miniature piglets. Limited to just 20 people, you’ll have the farm all to yourselves with plenty of opportunities for piggy cuddles
- Let’s Rock Exeter, 27th June 2020 – this gig at Powderham Castle, less than three miles away, will bring together some of the best acts from the 80’s including ABC, Adam Ant, Howard Jones, Tony Hadley, Kim Wilde and Mari Wilson
- Dawlish Carnival Week, 15th – 21st August 2020 – This week of carnival fun, just a short drive from Cofton Holidays, is not to be missed. You’ll find something for everyone including live music, bingo, fancy dress, sand sculpting, workshops, rides, food and drink and much more
- Abbfest, 18th – 20th September 2020 – now this is one for the ale fans! Abbfest returns to Newton Abbot to raise money for local charities and causes. Featuring over 200 ales all brewed in Devon, and 30 ciders available throughout the weekend, there is something for everyone
- Teign Shanty Festival, 26th – 27th September 2020 – this free family-friendly festival brings crews to Teignmouth to perform shanties and provide maritime experiences, all whilst raising money for local charities
- Powderham Food Festival, 3rd – 4th October 2020 – with the beautiful and historic Powderham Castle as its backdrop, the Powderham Food Festival celebrates the best of South West food and drink, providing a fantastic family, foodie, fun day out.
CGI fly through: https://www.coftonholidays.co.uk/luxury-lodges/ and photos.
We are now booking in 2020 press trips for journalists to review the brand-new luxury lodges. If you are interested, please contact Ewan Davy or Abi Bramhall at Absolute PR and Marketing.
Ewan Davy/Abi Bramhall
Absolute PR and Marketing
Tel: 01392 680 740
Set within 80 acres of glorious Devon countryside, Cofton Holidays has been a family-run holiday park for 40 years. Guests return year after year to enjoy its beautiful and convenient location, extensive facilities and wide choice of accommodation types for all the family.
The award-winning, 5 star graded park is 20 minutes from the M5 Exeter and is ideal for family holidays in Devon. Dawlish Warren beach is 30 minutes’ walk through nature trails and the indoor and outdoor attractions of South Devon, Exeter and Dartmoor are all within easy reach.
Visitors to Cofton can choose from a range of holiday homes and cottages in the heart of the main park, or cottages and apartments on the estuary-view Eastdon Estate. Cofton also offers a choice of pitches for touring caravan holidays including hard-standing and RV pitches.
Cofton is also open all year and can offer centrally-heated accommodation for all-weather holidays.