ivie – the digital city guide is the ideal companion for exploring Vienna, casting the city in all its rich variety in a whole new light. The Vienna Tourist Board’s free app for iOS and Android uses hundreds of photos and dozens of videos to paint an immersive picture of life in the capital. The app is not just about the big attractions such as Schönbrunn Palace, the Prater and Giant Ferris Wheel, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Ringstrasse. ivie knows all the tucked-away museums, architectural gems, beautiful parks, great markets, and a load of other places that a lot of locals might not necessarily be aware of, but are always worth a visit.
And ivie is always good for a story or anecdote: where did the architect Otto Wagner immortalize himself in a giant statue of a lion? Which of the city’s museums has 6,000-year-old makeup pallettes on show? And how many golden leaves make up the cupola of the Secession building? ivie even knows how many nights a guest has to spend in Schönbrunn Palace before they can claim to have slept in every room.
Its Walks & Guides feature contains fascinating city walks: there’s an audio walk taking in Beethoven’s Vienna, another covering Viennese Modernism and others focusing on unusual museums and modern architecture. ivie – the digital city guide is also a fount of practical information. It always knows the way to the nearest drinking water fountain or public toilet. Anyone with a curious mind can activate the option to receive notifications containing inside tips relating to nearby places. Users can also save personal landmarks such as the location of the hotel they are staying at directly on the map to ensure that they never lose their way. ivie is helpful when it comes to planning an itinerary, too. Sightseeing favorites can be browsed and bookmarked before traveling to Vienna to create a personalized to-do list.
And, finally, the Vienna City Card is also part of ivie – in addition to unlimited travel on the city’s outstanding public transportation network, it grants holders masses of discounts and concessions at participating museums, sights, theaters, and concert venues. The Vienna City Card Experience Edition is another version of the popular city card aimed specifically at local residents and people who travel to the city on the regular basis. It opens up exclusive access to numerous experiences in the city, including tours, workshops and a host of other activities. The Vienna City Card Experience Edition also includes exclusive discounts at selected hospitality partners in the capital.
ivie – the digital city guide features:
- Places: find out everything worth knowing about Vienna’s sights and attractions
- Map: always on point, from museums to WCs
- Walks & Guides: stroll through the city with ivie
- Tips: receive messages from ivie and get the inside line
- Favorites: save favorites before traveling
- My places: bookmark and save personal addresses
- Vienna City Card: unrestricted travel plus lots of discounts and concessions
- Vienna City Card Experience Edition: exclusive Viennese experiences
- ivie – the digital city guide for iOS: https://apps.apple.com/at/app/ivie-wien-guide/id1486840263
- ivie – the digital city guide for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.vienna.ivie