This winter, holidaymakers can enjoy the perks of off-season travel with CIE Tours International.
The tour operator is offering 5-Day, value focused getaways to Dublin, London and Edinburgh which combine the freedom of independent travel with an expert assist from CIE Tours’ knowledgeable guides.
Available November through March, the Getaway Collection includes a special exclusive New Year’s Eve option in London and Edinburgh. Getaway tour highlights include:
· Getaway: Dublin Delight (from $599): Dublin’s vibrancy is hard to beat, springing from an unparalleled literary legacy that still thrives in this modern, high-tech city. Listen to the buskers on Grafton Street, tour the elegant Georgian townhouses, visit the iconic Guinness Storehouse, then settle into a pub made famous by James Joyce. Enjoy the freedom of independent travel through Dublin – with the added bonus of CIE Tours expert knowledge. Take 15% off the Dec. 11 and Dec. 18, 2019 departures of the Dublin Delight tour.
· Getaway: London Locals (from $679): Whether travelers are looking to walk in the footsteps of Shakespeare and Dickens, tour the castles in hope of spotting a royal, or shop for quirky finds in Covent Garden, CIE Tours London Locals tour gives guests the freedom of independent travel, with the added bonus of access to the expert knowledge only CIE Tours can provide. Travelers can take 15% off the Dec. 19, 2019 departure of this tour and enjoy the magic of London in the build up to the holidays
· Getaway: Easy Edinburgh (from $679): A rich architectural heritage and thriving cultural scene combine in one fascinating destination in Edinburgh. Stay at Mercure Edinburgh Haymarket and get a three-day pass on the hop-on, hop-off Edinburgh Bus Tour so guests can explore the city at their own pace, taking in its centuries of rich Scottish history. Take 15% off the Dec. 12 departure of the Easy Edinburgh tour.
New Year’s Eve
Five days of adventure in either London or Edinburgh will put travelers in the heart of each city’s celebrations to bid “adieu” to 2019. Enjoy New Year’s Eve fireworks on a cruise along the Thames River in London, or dance to the music of Scotland’s most treasured artists during Edinburgh’s Hogmany festival.
· New Year’s Getaway: Tartan & Toasts (from $999): Travelers can celebrate Hogmanay – Scotland’s New Year’s Eve. No one revels in it like the Scots! Soak in the joyous atmosphere of the city, have a pint in one of the lively pubs, and watch the fireworks over the Castle at midnight. Guests will have the total freedom to choose how to spend their time taking in the history, buzz and atmosphere of Scotland’s capital.
· New Year’s Getaway: Festivities & Fun (from $999): Begin the New Year in one of the most exciting cities in the world. Special city celebrations include fireworks on New Year’s Eve and a festive parade on New Year’s Day. Get your skates on and glide around one of the seasonal skating rinks or soak in some culture in one of the many museums or enjoy a West End musical. Shop the sales or relax in a cozy pub with some fish and chips.