At Original Travel, we are seeing a growing trend for clients seeking transformative travel, where they want to have authentic experiences while on holiday, but also to return with new skills that they can develop themselves back home.
In response to this growing trend, we have created Masters of the Universe – a collection of tailor-made Original Travel trips during which clients can develop themselves, gain a deeper connection with a destination and learn something new and worthwhile while on holiday.
According to writer Malcolm Gladwell you need 10,000 hours to become truly world class at any skill but we can certainly get you off to a good start…
Here are just a few of our favourite Masters of the Universe experiences. For more inspiration see our Masters of the Universe website collection:
A long-weekend away
- Learn to mush a team of huskies with a former champion musher in Finnish Lapland – from £2,040 per person
- Learn to master the art of pasta making in Italy’s culinary heartland of Emilia-Romagna – from £1,370 per person
- Learn how to play poker with a professional in Las Vegas
One week away
- Make like Ernest Hemingway while learning to deep sea fish in Jamaica with professional local fisherman – from £2,300 per person
- Learn to dive in the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico before diving in extraordinary underground cenotes – from £3,500 per person
- Yoga tuition with internationally accredited instructors at COMO Shambhala in Indonesia – from £2,950 per person
- Family: learn to ride as a family on a private estate in Andalucia, Spain – from £2,450 per person
- Learn the art of glassblowing and create your own glass masterpiece at Soneva Fushi in the Maldives – from £4,575 per person
- Learn to track wildlife with bushmen in the Kalahari Desert, Botswana – from £7,975 per person
Two weeks away
- Learn to play polo in Argentina – from £4,800 per person
- Family: Learn how easy it is to go green on an inspiring sustainability tour at Lapa Rios in Costa Rica – from £4,000 per person
- Master Vietnamese and Cambodian cooking (and eating) on a tailor-made trip incorporating a range of cooking lessons and experiences in homes, cookery schools and paddy fields – from £5,400 per person
- Learn the art of meditation with monks in Thailand, Myanmar or Cambodia in Buddhist schools and hilltop temples
- Learn traditional Japanese martial arts and their cultural significance – from £5,400 per person
*All prices include flights, transfers and accommodation.
Original Travel is one of the UK’s fastest growing bespoke travel companies, offering tailor-made holidays to 77 countries worldwide. Since its launch in 2003, the multi-award winning company has firmly established itself as ‘one to watch’ in the travel industry, experiencing uninterrupted growth since 2003. The Original Travel team have created just over 50,000 itineraries for clients, including for some extremely high profile clients.
Unlike many companies in the sector, Original Travel also has a bespoke inbound division welcoming clients from all over the world to the UK, and its own specialist dive division – Original Diving – staffed by dive masters and marine biologists who pride themselves on their unparalleled dive expertise and knowledge of the best dive destinations across the globe.