Guests can book now at
KAUAI, Hawaii – Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, has expanded operations to Hawaii’s northernmost and oldest island, Kauai, and is now open. The expansion comes after three years of successful operations on Maui and will be the sixth permanent location. The breathtaking flights will depart daily from the company’s facility at Port Allen Airport, located along the southern shore of Kauai, minutes away from Poipu, Hawaii.
“With the Garden Isle’s awe-inspiring geographical wonders only accessible by air, Maverick Helicopters is excited to offer our customers an unforgettable experience on Kauai,” said Bryan Kroten, vice president of marketing at Maverick Helicopters.
Guests may choose from the following experiences, overlooking Kauai’s spectacular landscapes including Waimea Canyon, known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” and Manawaiopuna Falls, known as Jurassic Falls, made famous in “Jurassic Park.”
Kauai Explorer ($299 per person)
- This 50-minute flight showcases a breathtaking, bird’s-eye-view of Napali Coast, Kauai’s dramatic 17-mile coastline, featuring emerald-hued cliffs, cascading waterfalls and the vast Pacific Ocean.
- As guests soar high above the breathtaking Napali Coast, they will be amazed by the stunning views of the Bali Hai Cliffs, the North Shore and Mount Makana.
- Passengers will fly above the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” Waimea Canyon, a geographic marvel boasting a colorful desert landscape.
- Guests will get a bird’s-eye-view of one of the wettest places on Earth, Mount Waialeale.
- The flight concludes over the Hanapepe Valley featuring Manawaiopuna Falls, a remote, spectacular 400-foot waterfall, more commonly known as Jurassic Falls.
Kauai Discovery ($199 per person)
- This 25-minute flight begins over Hanapepe Valley, known for its rich farmland and grand mountain ranges.
- Guests will soar above Manawaiopuna Falls, known as Jurassic Falls, made famous in “Jurassic Park.”
- Much of Kauai’s lush and rugged terrain is inaccessible by ground, but the Kauai Discovery flight provides guests with unparalleled views of the Na Pali-Kona Forest Reserve including Awini Falls and Waialea Falls.
- The journey will conclude with a flight over the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” Waimea Canyon, stretching 14 miles long, one mile wide and featuring a unique desert landscape.
During each excursion, passengers will enjoy flying in the world’s safest and most comfortable tourism-based helicopter – the Airbus EC130 ECO-Star aircraft. The luxurious aircraft offers guests a spacious cabin for up to seven passengers; voice-activated headsets; theater-style, leather seating; and wraparound windows for superior visibility.
For more information or to book an experience, please visitor call 808.241-7999.
About Maverick Helicopters
Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, flies more than 250,000 guests annually out of Las Vegas, Grand Canyon South Rim, Grand Canyon West Rim, Maui, Hawaii and Kauai, Hawaii. The company operates the largest and youngest fleet of Airbus EC130/H130 ECO-Star helicopters with nearly 50 aircraft and holds the top safety record of any tourism-based aviation company in the world. Maverick Helicopters employs the industry’s top pilots and has received numerous accolades including the Federal Aviation Administration’s Award of Excellence “Diamond Award” 2011-2017; Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association’s “Best Air Tour Company” 2010-2018; TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” Hall of Fame 2011-2016; Las Vegas Review-Journal’s “Best Tour” in 2014 and 2016; and many more. In 2016, Maverick Helicopters celebrated 20 years of operation as one of the world’s leading tourism companies.
Follow Maverick Helicopters on, and for the latest news and updates.