This week sees the much anticipated release of the film ‘Le Mans ’66’. Starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale, the film follows the true story of Caroll Shelby the visionary American car designer and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles, who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.
Fans inspired by the film have the chance to escape to this motorsport era and witness first-hand the same battles between these historic automobiles at the Le Mans Classic next July.
The Le Mans Classic is an impressive retrospective of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours race. The four-day event is one of the biggest events in historic racing and features cars that took part in the famous endurance race between 1923 and ’81. 2020 will be the tenth running of the biennial event which has become one of the most popular classic car gatherings in Europe.
Leading motorsport travel specialist, Grandstand Motor Sports, is offering three and four night travel packages to the Le Mans Classic, which will be taking place between 2 – 5 July 2020.
Grandstand’s Le Mans Classic self-drive packages include:
- Three or four nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis in a choice of hotels, guesthouses and private houses in the Le Mans area
- Return Dover to Calais ferry crossing (alternative channel crossings by Eurotunnel or by ferry from Portsmouth, Poole or Plymouth can also be reserved at a supplement)
- General admission to the Le Mans Classic with grandstand seat and access to paddocks
- Infield parking for eligible cars (otherwise parking on the outside of the track)
- Access to the Grandstand Motor Sports marquee on the Bugatti Circuit where complimentary drinks and snacks are available during the weekend
- Grandstand representatives are available throughout the whole weekend
Package price starts from £669 per person.
To view full details of the package visit https://www.grandstandmotorsports.co.uk/classic-events-and-historic-races/le-mans-classic or call Grandstand’s team of specialists on 0116 231 1222
In its 14th year, independently-owned Grandstand Motor Sports continues to expand its portfolio of motorsports events, which includes trips to F1, MotoGP, WSBK, Le Mans, Macau Grand Prix, FIA WEC, Formula E, Indycar, NASCAR and Classic and Historic events.
Flexible & tailor-made itineraries – Grandstand Motor Sports will tailor-make bespoke itineraries according to customers’ requirements. This includes booking flights from regional airports in the UK, booking extended stays, arranging group itineraries and arranging multi-centre itineraries.
Hospitality packages – Grandstand offers an extensive range of Hospitality options at different events and individual races. Options include the official F1 Experiences packages, Formula One Paddock Club (available at all Formula One races), MotoGP hospitality and Toyota Gazoo Racing VIP Hospitality at FIA WEC races.
Grandstand Motor Sports is a member of ABTA (Y0147) and has an ATOL licence (10168) issued by and bonded directly with the Civil Aviation Authority.
Please note that all prices quoted in this press release are correct at the time of release and are subject to change and availability.