Hands Up Holidays offers inspiring luxury travel ideas for families who resolve to live (and travel) better and make a difference in 2019
Award winning ethical luxury family travel specialist Hands Up Holidays (www.handsupholidays.com) has trips for families to travel and give back and help those less fortunate. With Hands Up Holidays, all trips are 100% tailor-made to enable travelers to experience their ideal ethical luxury family trip that changes lives…not just their own.
These give-back trips are so popular with families because:
- Children from privileged backgrounds appreciate how fortunate they are;
- Families bond closer together;
- Children become inspired to be future world-changers
- Families get to interact with and gain insights into another culture
- Volunteering can increase the chances of university entry
Perennial Family Favorites
Popular destinations where families can give back and make a difference are:
- Costa Rica: assist at a rescue center for injured, orphaned or illegally traded animals: prepare meals for monkeys, cleaning parrot enclosures, and assist the resident vet on his rounds. Combine this with white water rafting, hiking around a volcano, hot springs, spot wildlife in one of the many national parks, or take in some beach time.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/costa-rica/ – 10 days from $6,650 (£5,350) per person excluding flights
- Zambia: build a house for a widow and her children, which can be combined with the splendour of Victoria Falls, white-water rafting, kayaking and ‘Big 5’ safari in South Luangwa National Park, or neighbouring Botswana.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/zambia/
10 days from $9,890 (£7,995) per person excluding flights
- New Zealand: help maintain the habitats of endangered penguins in the South Island, which can be combined with cultural encounters, geysers, sailing, hiking, wine-tasting, bungy jumping, zorbing, glaciers and beaches.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/new-zealand/
15 days from $15,595 (£12,755) per person excluding flights
- Cambodia: build a house for a family in need, who could never afford to have a decent place to live to call their own, which can be combined with bike rides through the temples of Angkor, spotting Irrawaddy dolphins, and island relaxation.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/cambodia/
10 days from $9,525 (£7,660) per person excluding flights
- Brazil: renovate a community center that has run out of money to complete its building in a Rio favela, which families can blend with exploring the Amazon, delving into cultural Salvador, or relax on one of the plethora of stunning beaches.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/brazil/
10 days from $5,490 (£4,500) per person excluding flights
- Hawaii – build a playhouse in the playground of a pre-school center in a low income part of Honolulu, and combine this with your choice of Pearl Harbor, surf lessons, scenic heli-flights, golf, spa, and beach relaxation.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/hawaii/
10 days from $7,795 (£6,300) per person excluding flights
- Mexico – Help at a center in Cancun: a day-care at the women’s shelter. Play, color, and practice English with the children; prepare and serve lunch at the Elderly Home; assist in the Bread and Shelter home by sorting donations and organizing their bazar…finish up by exploring Chitzen Itza, Tulum, Islas Mujeres or try your hand at Mexican cooking or beach relaxation.
Suggested itinerary: www.handsupholidays.com/suggested_itinerary/mexico/
7 days from $5,890 (£4,750) per person excluding flights
All of these trips are suitable for families, and can be tailor-made to suit their preferences, such as length of trip, activity, and accommodation.
Founder of Hands Up Holidays, Christopher Hill, says “by incorporating an element of ‘giving back’ to a luxury family trip is a powerful way to bring families together, and also for children to appreciate how fortunate they are, and as get immersed in another culture in a safe context. When this is combined with fantastic activities and relaxation, this makes for a memorable and meaningful way to travel better in 2017.”
About Hands Up Holidays
With its head office in Auckland, Hands Up Holidays is an award winning responsible luxury tour operator dedicated to offering luxury tours that blend sightseeing with meaningful, hands-on ways to make a difference.
Hands up Holidays offers trips in 40 countries throughout the world, with a special focus on luxury family travel.
Hands Up Holidays won the Luxperience award for Meaningful Luxury Travel in 2018.