Open exclusively to Venetian Society members, Silversea’s 86 new voyages encompass 222 destinations, 67 countries and 8 maiden calls, including two in Australia – Philip Island and Geelong. The new season incorporates twelve sailings in Australasia with two ships based in the region for the first time.
Silversea Cruises, the leading ultra-luxury cruise line, today unveils 86 new itineraries for (southern) summer 2021/2022 and opens an exclusive pre-sale to members of its Venetian Society – the cruise line’s loyalty program – before opening for general sale on 17 June 2020.
Departing between October 2021 and April 2022, the new program features voyages in Australia & New Zealand, the Caribbean, South America, Galapagos, Middle East and Asia. Of particular note is an expanded program of close-to-home sailings in our region with the newly-refurbished Silver Shadow joining the flagship Silver Muse as the second Silversea vessel to be based down under.
“We are delighted to open this exclusive pre-sale on our new summer 2021/22 voyages,” says Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Our Venetian Society members have travelled the world extensively, experiencing new and unusual moments that capture the spirit of discovery and authenticity. Our destination experts have crafted our new voyage collection with those guests in mind: numerous maiden calls, an in-depth exploration of the Amazon River, our most extensive Australia & New Zealand program and an endless number of adventures in between. The range and quality of experiences on offer is simply unique.”
Maiden calls in the global program are Phillip Island and Geelong in Australia; Manama, Bahrain; Miyako, Japan; Makassar, Indonesia; Vigan Salomague, the Philippines; Puerto Bolivar, Ecuador and Kingstown, St. Vincent. Other highlights will include:
- Iconic favourites and lesser-visited jewels, as part of the most extensive Australia & New Zealand program to date: 12 new close-to-home voyages aboard two ultra-luxurious Silversea ships: the elegant 596-guest Silver Muse and the completely reimagined 388-guest Silver Shadow will take guests deeper into our region than ever before. While travellers will gain fresh perspectives of quintessential favourites, they will also delve deep into the lesser-travelled jewels of Tasmania, Melanesia and Indonesia’s Java Sea. Guests will also enjoy two brand new itineraries between Cairns and Sydney, uniquely combining ports of call in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania and New South Wales in one voyage.
- A diverse range of voyages across Asia, including an enhanced offering in Japan, deep discovery of Vietnam, and new itineraries to Indonesia and Papua New Guinea: Silver Muse, Silver Shadow and our new ship Silver Moon will take travellers closer to the delights of this exotic region. Guests will enjoy an immersive discovery of Japan on four round-trip voyages from Tokyo; as well as alluring options in Southeast Asia, with a focus on captivating Vietnam, and special experiences in Komodo, Makassar and Bali. A key highlight are two voyages to the fascinating and unspoiled paradise of Papua New Guinea on Silver Shadow.
- A 74-night circumnavigation of South America aboard new ship Silver Dawn, with an unprecedented exploration of the Amazon River: Sailing round-trip from Fort Lauderdale, this Grand Voyage on our newest vessel will take guests deep into the gems of South America, with multiple calls in Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil. A highlight of the voyage, guests will travel down the Amazon River to Manaus on the trip on a lifetime.
- New itineraries on both Silver Shadow and Silver Moon in the Middle East and the Persian Gulf, plus new adventures in the Indian Ocean’s iconic destinations of India, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar: A maiden call in Manama, the capital city of Bahrain, will highlight a new itinerary in the Persian Gulf aboard the new 596-passenger Silver Moon; while calls in Muscat, Luxor, Petra, the Suez Canal, Israel, and Rhodes will showcase the best of the Middle East on a number of remarkable itineraries on both ships. In addition, two itineraries offer a three-day call to Yangon, including a Silver Moon voyage departing on Valentine’s Day in 2022.
- 30 Galapagos voyages aboard new 100-guest ship Silver Origin, including longer holiday options of 10 and 11 days: The newly launched destination-specific Silver Origin will form deep connections between Silversea’s guests and the Galapagos Archipelago on 30 new voyages between October 2021 and April 2022. The acclaimed 7-day itineraries will be supplemented with two, longer holiday cruises: a 10-day Christmas voyage on 18 December 2021 and an 11-day New Year’s voyage on 28 December 2021.
- Feelings of exclusivity in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on the small islands, as well as calls at the classic destinations: Departing from both Fort Lauderdale and Bridgetown, Silver Spirit and Silver Whisper will journey through the Caribbean, unlocking the region’s authentic charm for guests in both small and emblematic destinations. In the Eastern Caribbean, guests will discover the islands of St. Barts, Grenada, and St. Lucia,; while Mérida in Yucatán, Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras await in the Western Caribbean; and Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao will fascinate travellers in the south.
- Silversea’s World Cruise, the Tale of Tales 2022: Journeying from 65°S to 65°N, Silver Whisper will visit 69 destinations across 32 countries, departing 6 January 2022. Accompanied by a celebrated line-up of illustrious creatives, Silversea’s guests will transit the Panama Canal, cruise the Chilean Fjords, step foot on land in Antarctica, walk among the spectacular wildlife of South Georgia, relax on remote beaches in the Seychelles, admire Petra in Jordan, discover the Holy Land and the highlights of the Mediterranean, before exploring the natural wonders of Northern Europe, as well as enjoying many more once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
On new bookings made before 30 June 2020, travellers will benefit from Silversea’s new Double Bonus offer, through which guests can reserve their voyage with low deposits from just AUD 1,500 per suite. Guests will also receive USD 1,000 to spend on-board. This offer is fully combinable with the Early Booking Bonus and, for select sailings, qualifies for Silversea’s “Cruise With Confidence” policy.
Find out more information about Silversea’s new summer 2021/2022 itineraries:
Please refer to www.silversea.com for all applicable terms and conditions.
About Silversea Cruises:
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognised as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, and Silver Cloud, Silversea’s itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships: Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships: Silver Moon, Silver Dawn, Silver Origin, and two Evolution-class ships. Browse Silversea’s new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
In Asia Pacific, Silversea was voted “Best Luxury Small Ship Cruise Line” by Australia’s Luxury Travel & Style Magazine every consecutive year from 2006 to 2012 and Silver Whisper or Silver Shadow won the Gold Award as “Best Small Cruise Ship” in each of those years. Silversea has also won similar awards from readers of Australia’s Cruise Passenger Magazine, including “Best Expedition Cruise Ship” (Silver Explorer) 2013, “Best Luxury Cruise Line” 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 & 2019 and “Best Luxury Cruise Ship” (Silver Shadow) 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2017, 2018 & 2019, Silversea was voted “Best Luxury Ocean Cruise Line” at Luxury Travel Magazine’s Gold List Awards, and in 2017, received the award for “Most Innovative Itinerary – Cruise” at the 29th annual Virtuoso® Awards. In 2018, Silver Galapagos won “Best Overall Ship”, “Best Shore Excursions”, and “Best Value” in the annual Cruise Critic Cruisers Choice Awards, and Silversea was recognised as “Best for Luxury” in Cruise Critic’s 2019 Editor’s Choice awards.
In 2018 & 2019 Silversea won the “Best Luxury Expedition” ships category in the Signature Luxury Travel & Style Awards.