Families seeking new unique experiences this summer are in luck thanks to Powder Byrne’s new Learn Together programme. Families can learn and laugh together as they learn to sail, surf, scuba dive, cycle or play polo.
This summer, it won’t be WHERE one travels but WHAT one does that will define the holiday. Families are looking for new experiences on holiday and Powder Byrne is responding by launching an exciting new programme of experiences to be enjoyed together as a family: Learn Together. They’ve handpicked a selection of inspiring sports and activities, with morning sessions with a personal family instructor to bring families closer together and bring a totally new focus to the holiday.
Clients can take to the waves on Portugal’s renowned Guincho Beach, saddle up for polo at Powder Byrne’s own polo farm, Polo Valley in Sotogrande, set sail off Elba’s gorgeous shores, discover the world beneath Crete’s turquoise waters or explore the island’s peaks and valleys by bicycle.
There’s sure to be some healthy in-family competition and a lot of laughs as everyone will be starting from scratch, and as the programme will run for just a couple of hours each morning, clients will be back for a delicious lunch and a relaxing afternoon at the hotel, while kids join Powder Byrne’s much-loved children’s programmes for exciting activities with new friends. The children’s programmes start from 4 months in the pb crèche through to teens in the active and adrenaline-packed PB Adventure Academy.
As always, Powder Byrne’s handpicked resort teams will be on hand to ensure that every little detail is taken care of so that families can focus on what matters the most.
The finer details and factbox prices:
- Surf tuition on the celebrated Guincho Beach.
• Private family instructor for two-hour morning sessions.
• All equipment is provided.
• Catch the perfect wave together as a family.
• The Surf programme costs £1,399 based on a family of four.
View our Learn Together Surfing page here.
Stay at the Penha Longa resort in two interconnecting Deluxe Forest View for seven nights in July or August from £1,739 per adult and from £1,129 per child under 12 in their own room on half board. Price includes private transfers and full Powder Byrne service in resort. For more information call 020 8246 5300 or visit www.powderbyrne.com.
- Siling tuition on beautiful Naregno beach.
• Family instruction-led sailing on dinghies and catamarans.
• All equipment is provided.
• Transfers to and from the beach by the Powder Byrne resort team.
• The sailing programme costs £1,499 based on a family of four.
Stay at the Hotel Biodola in two interconnecting Sea View rooms from 25th August to 1st September from £2,429 per person on half board. Price includes private transfers and full Powder Byrne service in resort. For more information call 020 8246 5300 or visit www.powderbyrne.com.
- Polo and riding tuition delivered by experienced instructors.
- Two-hour morning sessions followed by downtime.
- Clients stay in the comfort of our beautiful Guesthouse on an exclusive basis.
- All equipment provided, even riding boots.
- The Polo Valley programme costs £5,699 based on a family of four.
Stay in Powder Byrne’s private Finca for a week between 7th July and the 31st August from £7,515 based on 8 people travelling on a full board basis. For more information call 020 8246 5300 or visit www.powderbyrne.com.
- Based out of the PADI Gold Palm dive school in Elounda.
- All equipment is provided.
- Personal dive instructor to oversee all dives
- Discovery dives in the protected water of Elounda.
- The scuba programme costs £1,999 based on a family of four.
- 2-hour morning cycling programme hosted by our local team
- A mixture of road and mountain biking.
- Logistics and pickups are overseen by our team.
- Dramatic canyons and gorges as well as winding coastal routes.
- The cycling programme is bespoke to clients’ needs.
Stay at the Porto Elounda Resort in two interconnecting Porto Sea View rooms from 14th July to 21st July from £1,359 per person on bed and breakfast with complimentary dinner at Nafsika Restaurant. Price includes private transfers and full Powder Byrne service in resort. For more information call 020 8246 5300 or visit www.powderbyrne.com.
Powder Byrne was founded in 1985 by Rory Byrne, whose aim has always been to deliver tailor-made holidays with a focus on quality combined with flexibility and great personal service.
In 1988 Powder Byrne became the first operator to specialise in corporate ski weekends, offering companies complete flexibility of travel dates and event arrangements. In 1989 Rory Byrne won The Independent’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. In 1994 the decision was made to specialise exclusively in high service hotel-based holidays specialising in family skiing, and Powder Byrne now offers a range of exclusive ski destinations in Switzerland, Austria and Italy. In 1994 a Summer Resorts programme was added. Their award-winning exclusive winter and summer kids programmes offer inspirational childcare and sports tuition for kids from crèche age right up to teenagers. In 2009 Air & Space was created providing adventure experiences for families wanting more discovery from their travels, but with the same levels of luxury and seamless service that Powder Byrne is now renowned for. Whilst seen to be the family travel specialists, they continue to specialise in arranging private ski weekends for adults as well as bespoke events for corporate groups.